Ten Sutter Health-affiliated Hospitals Awarded July 2010 “Certificate of Excellence” for Quality Care
CHARTing a Course to Quality Health Care
SACRAMENTO, Calif., August 13, 2010 - Ten hospitals affiliated with the not-for-profit Sutter Health network earned the July 2010 “Certificate of Excellence” from the California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Task Force (CHART). The honor recognizes exceptional performance in health care quality in 50 categories. Only 40 hospitals across California received the award – and Sutter Health facilities comprise 25 percent of those honored.
Recognized Sutter Health hospitals include:
- Eden Medical Center (Castro Valley)
- Memorial Medical Center (Modesto)
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services (Burlingame)
- Novato Community Hospital (Novato)
- Sutter Amador Hospital (Amador)
- Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital (Auburn)
- Sutter Davis Hospital (Davis)
- Sutter Lakeside Hospital (Lakeport)
- Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa (Santa Rosa)
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center (Roseville)
For complete performance information on the hospitals participating in CHART, see www.CalHospitalCompare.org. Published by the California HealthCare Foundation, the online report card helps consumers easily search for quality information about hospitals by location, name or medical condition.
Sutter Health’s Coordinated Approach to Care Improves Quality
Nationally-recognized academic research – not to mention federal health reform – underscores the importance of delivering health services in a model that brings together doctors and hospitals who share responsibility for taking care of patients. Sutter Health has long subscribed to this model. Sutter’s coordinated delivery network empowers physicians to provide comprehensive and personalized care over a broad continuum of care settings—including physicians, outpatient care, general and specialty hospital care, and home health and hospice services.
As a result of Sutter’s integrated approach, the network has raised the bar even higher on health care quality care.
- Sutter Health was ranked as California’s leading health system based on quality and patient satisfaction by the respected Lewin Group, a national health policy research and management consulting firm.
- Five Sutter Health-affiliated and aligned physician groups are rated among the highest performing in the state by the Integrated Healthcare Association.
- Sutter hospitals perform far above the U.S. average and in the top 10 percent nationally on 24 quality indicators measured by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- An independent 2006 study by the respected Dartmouth Medical School Center for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences found that doctors and hospitals in Sutter Health’s Sacramento Sierra Region are among those providing the nation’s most efficient and consistent quality care. The study declared this Sutter region’s level of care a national benchmark—along with that of the Mayo Clinic.
“This is an exciting time in health care because with health care reform we have the unique opportunity to transform the way care is delivered,” said Pat Fry, president and CEO of Sutter Health. “Building upon Sutter’s coordinated network, which cares for patients across a comprehensive continuum, our system’s doctors, hospitals and other providers can deliver consistent, high-quality and affordable health care – where, when and how patients want it.”
View CHART’s report card | www.CalHospitalCompare.org
See how Sutter Health is improving quality and safety for patients | sutterhealth.org/quality
Hear our patients talk about their care | www.sutterhealth.org/stories
About Sutter Health
For more information about the not-for-profit Sutter Health network, please visit
SutterHealth.org/about/ | www.Facebook.com/SutterHealth | www.YouTube.com/SutterHealth
Sutter Health Media Line