Sutter Health Goes Mobile with iTriage
Free “App” Connects Patients with Doctors, Hospitals, Health Information and More
SACRAMENTO, Calif., August 30, 2010 - Consumers can check health symptoms, look up health conditions and now find detailed information about doctors, hospitals, emergency rooms and medical clinics in the Sutter Health network via the free mobile health care application – iTriage.
Every doctor, hospital, urgent care center, retail clinic and pharmacy in the nation is listed in iTriage’s basic database. Sutter Health is among the first Northern California health systems to collaborate with iTriage to deliver detailed information about its not-for-profit network straight into the hands of consumers via their smartphones.
“iTriage connects a patient with vital health information at the exact point and time that he or she is searching for answers,” said Jeff Burnich, M.D., senior vice president and executive officer for the Sutter Medical Network. “Whether at home or traveling, a consumer can use their phone to get trustworthy information about a health care symptom and turn-by-turn directions to trusted health care providers in any community.”
Sutter’s expanded listings in the iTriage mobile app shows all users:
- Capabilities and areas of specialization of Sutter Health affiliated and aligned doctors and hospitals
- Website links
- Hours of operation
- Contact information
- And more…
“Sutter Health’s decision to partner with iTriage speaks directly to its commitment to remain at the cutting edge of medical care through advanced technology. This is a revolutionary and important change for Northern California residents; who now have access to all Sutter Health network hospitals, and thousands of Sutter Health network physicians through the iTriage smartphone technology—wherever they are, and whenever they need it.” said Peter Hudson, M.D., CEO, Healthagen, developer of iTriage.
“Sutter has a long history of investing in technologies that advance patient care or improve patient access to care. iTriage is another way we’re doing that,” added Dr. Burnich.
Watch iTriage in action
iTriage Tutorial Video
Artwork - Hi resolution iTriage screen on iPhone (10MB Adobe Illustrator file)
Supporting video | Featuring Jeffery Burnich, M.D.
Dr. Burnich sound bite - iTriage: Top Features (7MB MOV)
Dr. Burnich sound bite - iTriage: Connecting patients with doctors (7MB MOV)
Dr. Burnich sound bite - iTriage: Uses GPS to find nearest resources (10MB MOV)
Dr. Burnich sound bite - Sutter Health's partnership with iTriage (11MB MOV)
Dr. Burnich sound bite - helping patients connect with care through their smartphone (11MB MOV)
Dr. Burnich sound bite - how iTriage works, part 1 (14MB MOV)
Dr. Burnich sound bite - how iTriage works, part 2 (17MB MOV)
Frequently Asked Questions
Download the iTriage Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
What is iTriage and how does it work?
- iTriage is a free mobile health care application that allows consumers to use their Smartphone or the Web to check symptoms, look up health conditions and find a nearby doctor, hospital, urgent care clinic, retail clinic or pharmacy.
- Consumers download iTriage for free onto their iPhone, Android or other Smartphone and immediately access a trusted library of more than 300 symptoms, 1,000 diseases and 350 medical procedures. Patients also can access a database listing every doctor, hospital, urgent care clinic, retail clinic and pharmacy in the nation.
- Whether at home or traveling, consumers can use their phone to get reliable information about health care symptoms – plus turn-by-turn directions to trusted health care providers in any community nationwide.
- Sutter Health is one of the first Northern California health systems to collaborate with iTriage to bring more detailed information about local health care services to patients in our communities.
- Through Sutter Health’s collaboration with iTriage, we’re making access to our network of providers fast and easy. iTriage users get expanded listings for all our doctors, hospitals and other care providers within the Sutter Health network. This includes links to Web sites, hours of operation and contact information.
- We’re a very busy and mobile society and like online banking, travel or shopping, it’s increasingly important that consumers can access health care information wherever they are. iTriage delivers trusted health care information directly to patients, empowers them to take charge of their health, and improves access to all health care services in our communities.
- Through Sutter Health’s expanded listings in iTriage, our network of doctors and hospitals can instantly connect with patients when they are searching for answers to a health care concern. iTriage also directs users to the most conveniently located health care provider, offering turn by turn directions.
For more information about the not-for-profit Sutter Health network, please visit
SutterHealth.org/about/ | www.Facebook.com/SutterHealth | www.YouTube.com/SutterHealth
Healthagen, LLC is a global developer of healthcare information software that empowers patients to make better decisions and gives healthcare treatment facilities improved access to additional patients. iTriage helps consumers evaluate symptoms, lists potential diagnoses and provides access to appropriate treatment locations. Emergency medicine physicians developed iTriage and co-founded Healthagen – a privately held company headquartered in Lakewood, CO.
916-286-6695 (media line)