Sutter Health Support Services Named "Workplace Excellence Leader"
SACRAMENTO, Calif., May 10, 2007 - Sutter Health Support Services (SHSS) has been named as the "Sacramento Workplace Excellence Leader" among large not-for-profit organizations by the Sacramento Area Human Resource Association. SHSS is comprised of the various business, technology and other support departments which serve and partner with hospitals, physician organizations and other health care services providers across the Sutter Health network to provide quality, accessible care. Its primary offices are located in Sacramento and San Francisco.
"This is an incredible honor, which I deeply value because SHSS was nominated for the award by our employees," said Sutter Health President and CEO Pat Fry. "Our employees are Sutter Health's most important asset, and I am proud of our organization's efforts to provide a rewarding work environment that supports their meaningful work."
Sutter Health offers its employees a broad range of generous benefits and programs including:
- Lifestyle management program - SHSS employees partner with trained lifestyle/health coaches and are encouraged to be more involved in their own health so they can make choices that will result in a more fulfilling life.
- Fully-funded pension plan - Sutter Health consistently contributes sizable investments into the Sutter Health Retirement Plan to safeguard the financial well being of network employees.
- Van R. Johnson Sutter Scholars program - College scholarships are available to the children and grandchildren of SHSS and all Sutter Health employees. In 2006 nearly $1.1 million in scholarship funds were awarded to students systemwide.
- MySutter intranet - Designed as an all-in-one online resource, the tool helps SHSS employees stay connected and access important information to advance and succeed in their careers.
More than 95 organizations were nominated by their employees for the Sacramento workplace excellence leader awards. Now in its fifth year, this annual event, which is presented by the Sacramento Area Human Resource Association in partnership with the Sacramento Bee, recognizes unique and exceptional human resources practices.
(916) 286-6680, lloydk@SutterHealth.org