Sutter Gould Medical Foundation Opens New Medical Center on Coffee Road
MODESTO, Calif., February, 2009 - Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (SGMF) has opened a 132,000 square foot medical center at 600 Coffee Road.
Key background information:
- The clinic at 600 Coffee Road will provide convenient access for patients. The building will replace older facilities previously located on Spanos Court (family medicine physicians), 1144 Coffee Road (internal medicine and nephrology physicians) and Dale Road(podiatrists).
- The relocation process began in January and when finished, 70 Gould Medical Group physicians (practicing 15 specialties from audiology to urology), and more than 400 additional employees will be located in the new clinic.
- SGMF anticipates seeing an average of 100 patients each hour.
- SGMF imaging services – offering state-of-the-art imaging equipment including a 64-slice CT scanner (capable of cardiac and coronary artery studies), virtual colonoscopies and cutting-edge CT imaging, MRI unit, three digital mammography rooms, five X-ray rooms and four ultrasound rooms
- Expanded oncology and hematology center with enhanced infusion services and a healing garden
- Expanded urgent care center
- Modern check in, waiting room and exam rooms
- Four-stories, 132,000 square feet, 151 exam rooms, 53 doctors’ offices
When the removal of the old 600 Coffee Road clinic is complete, we will have recycled over 90 percent of the building materials, keeping them out of our community’s landfills.
The new facility is part of the Sutter Health network’s multi-billion-dollar plan to improve, replace or build dozens of Northern California community-based outpatient care centers and hospitals over the next 10 years.
Sutter Gould Medical Foundation has care centers in Stanislaus, San Joaquin and Merced counties, including Modesto, Stockton, Lodi Tracy and Los Banos. SGMF is part of Sutter Health, a family of not-for-profit hospitals and physician organizations that share resources and expertise to advance health care quality.
About Sutter Health
Serving patients and their families in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns, Sutter Health doctors, hospitals and other health care service providers join resources and share expertise to advance health care quality and access. The Sutter Medical Network includes many of California’s top-performing, highest quality physician organizations as measured annually by the Integrated Healthcare Organization. Sutter-affiliated hospitals are regional leaders in cardiac care, women’s and children’s services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology. For more information about the not-for-profit Sutter Health family, please visit www.sutterhealth.org.
Sutter Health Contact
(916) 286-6680 direct
(916) 286-6695 media line