Two Sutter-affiliated Hospitals Named Among Best Hospitals in U.S. News and World Report Metro Rankings
SACRAMENTO, Calif., April 4, 2011 - Sutter Health-affiliated California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco and Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento were named as among the top hospitals in their regions by U.S. News & World Report.
California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC)
- Ranked third overall in the San Francisco region.
- It named CPMC’s Gastroenterology Department among the best hospital-based GI programs in the nation (#44). This is the second year in a row it rated the program among the top 50 in America.
- U.S. News and World Report rated these five other specialty programs “high performing”: cancer, geriatrics, kidney disorders, neurology and neurosurgery, and orthopedics.
- Ranked second overall in the Sacramento region.
- U.S. News and World Report rated these four other specialty programs “high performing”: gynecology, kidney disorders, neurology and neurosurgery, and orthopedics.
For the past several years, Sutter Health has transformed health care for patients by advancing quality, improving access and reducing costs. In 2010, Sutter Health-affiliated medical groups were among the highest-rated in California. In addition, Sutter Health hospitals performed in or very near the top 10 percent nationally for key clinical measures set by the federal government. Sutter’s efforts to reduce variations in care and encourage broad adoption of best-practice approaches has further helped improve care quality and efficiency.
Learn | About Sutter Health’s focus on quality
Hear | What patients think of Sutter Health’s quality
About Sutter Health
Serving patients and their families in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns, Sutter Health doctors, not-for-profit hospitals and other health care service providers share resources and expertise to advance health care quality and access. The Sutter Medical Network includes many of California’s top-performing, highest quality physician organizations as measured annually by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Sutter-affiliated hospitals are regional leaders in cardiac care, women’s and children’s services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology.
For more information about the not-for-profit Sutter Health network, please visit:
SutterHealth.org/about/ | www.Facebook.com/SutterHealth | www.YouTube.com/SutterHealth
Sutter Health Media Line