Five Sutter Health Affiliated Physician Organizations Named Among Top Performers Statewide
Honored by Integrated Healthcare Association
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Sept. 23, 2011 - Five physician organizations within the Sutter Medical Network were honored this week by the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA), a prominent industry leadership group that promotes and recognizes quality improvement and affordability in health care statewide.
The five Sutter affiliates receiving quality awards through IHA’s Pay for Performance (P4P) recognition program are:
- Most Improved and Top Performer – Solano Regional Medical Group*, serving Solano County’s Fairfield, Rio Vista, Vacaville and Vallejo communities, affiliated with the Sutter Medical Foundation. Now called Sutter Medical Group, Solano is one of only three medical groups ranking as both Most Improved and a Top Performer statewide.
- Top Performer – Sutter Medical Group, serving Sacramento, El Dorado, Placer and Nevada counties, affiliated with the Sutter Medical Foundation
- Top Performer – Sutter West Medical Group*, serving Yolo and Solano counties, affiliated with the Sutter Medical Foundation
San Francisco Bay Area
- Most Improved and Top Performer – Palo Alto Medical Foundation - Mills-Peninsula Division/Mills-Peninsula Medical Group, serving San Mateo county. Mills-Peninsula Division/Mills-Peninsula Medical Group is one of only three medical groups ranking as both Most Improved and a Top Performer statewide.
- Top Performer – Palo Alto Medical Foundation – Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group, serving Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo and Alameda counties
*now part of the Sutter Medical Group
“As the health care industry undergoes tremendous change, the organizations within the Sutter Medical Network dedicate themselves to meeting the health care needs of each patient – delivering care when, where and how patients want to receive it,” said Jeff Burnich, M.D. senior vice president and executive officer for the Sutter Medical Network. “IHA’s P4P awards reaffirm our commitment to consistently raising the bar on clinical quality, service and affordability.”
HOW IT WORKS
Each year, IHA determines the top physician groups that have demonstrated best overall performance for each pay for performance measure including preventive care and chronic care management, patient satisfaction, and use of information technology to support safer, more effective care. Top performing physician organizations in 2010 were identified by an overall composite score, based on their P4P domain scores, and compared against a comprehensive threshold calculated from the top 25 percent scores statewide for each P4P quality measure.
Most Improved winners are determined by calculating the relative improvement for each physician group on the overall performance composite score for this year compared to the overall performance composite score for last year. In order to be eligible, a group must have improved performance in both clinical quality, IT-enabled systemness, coordinated diabetes care, and patient experience domains. The physician group in each of the eight P4P regions that has the highest improvement score for overall performance is recognized as the most improved group in that region.
According to IHA, approximately 35,000 physicians in over 200 physician organizations across the state participate in California’s P4P program.
- Exceeding standards | Learn more about IHA and its P4P awards
- Accessing an integrated network of medical experts | Sutter Medical Network
- Partnering with patients to manage their health on-the-go | My Health Online
- Adopting an evidence-based model to deliver better, safer care | Patient Safety
- Investing in lifesaving technology to enhance care at the bedside and beyond | eICU
- Finding efficiencies to make services more affordable | Health Care Costs
- Building healthy communities and giving back | Community Investments
About Sutter Health
Serving patients and their families in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns, Sutter Health doctors, not-for-profit hospitals and other health care service providers share resources and expertise to advance health care quality and access. The Sutter Medical Network includes many of California’s top-performing, highest quality physician organizations as measured annually by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Sutter-affiliated hospitals are regional leaders in cardiac care, women’s and children’s services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology.
For more information about the not-for-profit Sutter Health network, please visit:
SutterHealth.org/about/ | www.Facebook.com/SutterHealth | www.YouTube.com/SutterHealth | www.twitter.com/SutterHealth
Sutter Health Media Line