SACRAMENTO, Calif., July 26, 2011 -
Nine Sutter Health hospitals throughout the Bay Area and Northern California are currently at different stages of negotiating new contracts with the California Nurses Union (CNA). Each Sutter Health hospital negotiates individual labor contracts specific to their hospital and community needs.
- An R.N. working full-time at one of the Sutter Health Hospitals negotiating a contract with the nurses union receives, on average:
- $136,000 annual salary
- 100% employer paid health benefits for themselves and their dependents at many of our hospitals
- A pension worth $7,000 per month for life upon retirement after working 22 years
- 40 paid days off each year
- Part-time nurses earn an average of $105,000 and receive virtually the same benefits
- During negotiations, Sutter Health-affiliated hospitals are balancing their commitment to provide competitive pay and benefits with an obligation to keep health care affordable for patients. Sutter Health-affiliated hospitals will continue to offer competitive pay and benefits and provide a rewarding and respectful work environment for nurses, but will reject unreasonable demands that unnecessarily increase costs.
- Despite the generous wage and benefit packages provided by Sutter Health hospitals, the nurses’ union demands more — substantial pay and benefit increases that will increase costs at the hospitals by tens of millions of dollars each year.
- At Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in Oakland/Berkley, one union demand will increase annual pension costs at that one medical center by $7 million each year. The CNA wants similar pension enhancements at other affiliates.
|Organization||Contact Name||Phone Number||Email Address|
|Kami Lloyd||(916) 286-6695 (media line)||email@example.com|
|Alta Bates Summit Medical Center||Carolyn Kemp||(510) 869-8220|
California Pacific Medical Center
(415) 600-7484 (office)
Eden Medical Center
Mills-Peninsula Health Services
Novato Community Hospital
Sutter Delta Medical Center
Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa
Sutter Lakeside Hospital
Sutter Solano Medical Center
About Sutter Health
Serving patients and their families in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns, Sutter Health doctors, not-for-profit hospitals and other health care service providers share resources and expertise to advance health care quality and access. The Sutter Medical Network includes many of California’s top-performing, highest quality physician organizations as measured annually by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Sutter-affiliated hospitals are regional leaders in cardiac care, women’s and children’s services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology.
For more information about the not-for-profit Sutter Health network, please visit:
SutterHealth.org/about/ | www.Facebook.com/SutterHealth | www.YouTube.com/SutterHealth | www.twitter.com/SutterHealth
Sutter Health Media Line