Sutter Health First Health System in CA to Offer MyChart App to Patients
Provides Patients Mobile Access to Personal Electronic Health Record
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Jan. 3, 2011 - Today Sutter Health introduces a free app for patients to access their personal medical records on-the-go – becoming the first health system in California to offer “MyChart for the iPhone.”
The MyChart app, powered by Epic, provides a Sutter Health network patient instant access to his or her electronic health record directly from an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. At their fingertips, patients can now access much of the same convenient and personalized tools found through Sutter’s MyHealthOnline, including -
- Send a secure message to your doctor
- Check most lab and test results
- View appointments
- Receive health reminders
- Access a health summary
Jeff Burnich M.D., Senior Vice President and Executive Officer, Sutter Medical Network
“To help patients stay connected with their doctors and health information, Sutter Health commits to investing in cutting-edge medical technologies that increase access to excellent, high quality care and empower patients in their personal health management.”
Albert Chan, M.D., family medicine physician with Sutter-affiliated Palo Alto Medical Foundation
“As our patients embark on a new year of wellness goals, Sutter Health is proud to be their partner in health and introduce new ways to help them manage their personal health. Through the MyChart app, we’re giving patients the tools they need right at their fingertips.”
“Access to the MyChart app complements a variety of unique patient needs and lifestyles. With the ability to view personal health data and connect a patient with his or her health care provider – where and when they need to – we’re putting a patient’s health record in the palms of his or her hands.”
GET STARTED TODAY
- Sign up for Sutter’s online health services.
a. If you have an existing My Health Online account (formerly MySutterOnline and PAMFOnline), you can begin the app download steps below.
b. If you have not yet enrolled, talk to your doctor – it’s easy and it only takes a few minutes.
- Download the mobile (MyChart) app either from your iPhone or the iTunes online app store.
a. From your iPhone
- Click on the search icon and type in MyChart
- On the MyChart app page, click the FREE button and then install.
- Enter your AppleID password to complete the install.
- Launch the app and select Sutter Health from the list of health care providers.
- Get started here: www.sutterhealth.org/myhealthonline_app
You must have an existing username and password for My Health Online to use MyChart for the iPhone.
- Join the conversation on www.Facebook.com/SutterHealth
- Follow the latest health trends and news on Twitter (www.twitter.com/sutterhealth)
- Connect with patients and physicians on Sutter’s wellness membership portal for women, www.MyLifeStages.org
- Download the free smartphone app iTriage® to search symptoms and find a care provider near you | www.sutterhealth.org/itriage/
HEAR FROM PATIENTS
See how one busy mom depends on My Health Online to manage her family’s health (VIDEO on YouTube)
About Sutter Health
Serving patients and their families in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns, Sutter Health doctors, not-for-profit hospitals and other health care service providers share resources and expertise to advance health care quality and access. The Sutter Medical Network includes many of California’s top-performing, highest quality physician organizations as measured annually by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Sutter-affiliated hospitals are regional leaders in cardiac care, women’s and children’s services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology.
For more information about the not-for-profit Sutter Health network, please visit:
SutterHealth.org/about/ | www.Facebook.com/SutterHealth | www.YouTube.com/SutterHealth
Sutter Health Media Line