The Role of Philanthropy
Philanthropy plays a vital role in the success of our not-for-profit network. The support of our donors enables us to:
- Equip our facilities with the most advanced technology to save lives and improve patient care
- Care for the needs of expectant mothers--from pregnancy through childbirth and beyond
- Fund research that benefits patients and advances our understanding of disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Create innovative programs such as music therapy and outpatient pediatric diabetes clinics that would not otherwise exist
- Maintain high levels of quality and satisfaction for patients and employees
- Bring loving care to hospice patients and their families.
- Construct new facilities to deliver advanced, efficient care to the thousands of patients who come through our doors
Philanthropy Changes Lives
During 2009, Sutter Health and its affiliates received more than $50 million in contributions from our generous donors. Philanthropic support helps us meet the needs of the communities we serve.
|Bayview Child Health Center||$491,576|
|Breast Diagnostic Center||$3,074,959|
|Cardiac MRI upgrade||$500,000|
|Community Cancer Care Center||$1,084,941|
|Dedicated breast MRI||$1,200,000|
|Echo ultrasound machine||$95,249|
|Emergency Department expansion||$118,902|
|Institute for Health and Healing||$325,081|
|Levy breast cancer research grant||$1,157,000|
|Midas Rex drill||$45,000|
|Prostate seed ultrasound||$152,542|
|Stereotactic breast biopsy equipment||$82,298|
Your Gift Makes the Difference
Contributions to Sutter Health and its affiliates are applied according to donors’ wishes within the local community. Donated funds support vital medical programs, services and equipment needs.
If you would like to learn more about our funding initiatives, including how you can support excellent health care in your community, please contact us at 916-286-6826 or firstname.lastname@example.org We will connect you with a local staff member.