Practice Opportunities - Information
Specialty: Universal Care Unit - NP/PA (092013UCUMID)
Location: Castro Valley
(East Bay Physicians Medical Group)
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Acute Care Nurse Practitioner for our 18-bed Universal Care Unit at Eden Medical Center, Castro Valley. This newly built clinical decision unit serves patients from the Emergency Department, Trauma Center, and outpatient surgery that are not experiencing life-threatening conditions, but who need further observation, diagnostic testing/evaluation, or monitoring. The UCU also houses an infusion center and has the capacity to expand to up to 34 beds.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience and skill in physical assessments and treatment of a wide variety of illnesses, injuries and other medical conditions.
- Experience with or knowledge of care coordination is preferred as well as experience with the Epic EMR and PACS radiology services.
- A minimum of two years experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Applicant must hold a current California License and be Nationally Certified, or eligible.
The candidate will be part of the East Bay Physicians Medical Group, Hospitalist Division and its hospitalist team at Eden Medical Center.
East Bay Physicians Medical Group (EBPMG) is a 220+ member multi-specialty group and one of the fastest growing multi-specialty medical groups in Northern California. EBPMG is physician-owned and affiliated with Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation (SEBMF). The mission of this progressive medical group is to enhance the health, wellness and quality of life in the communities we serve through our commitment to excellence in patient care, service, education and research. It's core value is Patient Centered Care - with a focus on clinical and organizational efforts to keep patient convenience and service central to all we do.
Castro Valley is a friendly, peaceful unincorporated town, populated by about 60 thousand people. Castro Valley is located in the heart of the greater Bay Area of northern California. Nestled in a quiet valley surrounded by tree covered rolling hills, Castro Valley residents, businesses, and visitors enjoy a rural atmosphere at the hub of California's cultural, economical and recreational heartland. Castro Valley boasts such natural amenities as an extensively developed park system, swimming lagoon, 315 acre lake, and a beautiful 18 hole golf course. Schools are top notch and the community is tight knit.
Links to more community information
- City of Castro Valley Opens new window
- Eden Medical Center Opens new window
- East Bay Physicians Medical Group Opens new window
For more information contact
Please send your CV and a cover letter to:
Sutter Health East Bay Region