Practice Opportunities - Information
Specialty: Compensation Committee Chair - SHSSR
Location: Sacramento, CA
(Sutter Medical Group)
Compensation Committee Chair- SHSSR (Internal Candidates only)
Compensation Committee Chair FTE: .3 FTE
The Compensation Committee is responsible for the
administration of Sutter Medical Group's Compensation Plan
as well as developing recommendations for modifications by
the Board of Directors as needed.
The role of the Compensation Committee Chair is to set
appropriate and supportable pay programs that are in the
organization's best interests and aligned with its business
mission and strategy.
A. Job Functions: (include but are not limited to)
1. Set the agenda and facilitate the monthly comp committee
2. Make final decision on quarterly compensation draw
changes when contested by the affected physician.
3. Review and approve/deny draw change requests.
4. Review and approve/deny good faith estimates for
5. Consult with staff on bonus criteria data collection and
review requests for exceptions.
6. Consult with staff on Physician Business Expense policy
and review requests for exceptions.
7. Consult with President and DVPs on comp related issues.
8. Consult with APC leadership regarding APC compensation
9. Respond and/or direct to appropriate resource for
physician and APC inquiries regarding individual
10. Present compensation plan education and information
periodically to division meetings or departments.
11. Consult with Decision Support staff regarding:
a. VPT semi-annual review.
b. Contractual adjustment review.
c. Market survey and market correction pool review.
d. Ancillary adjustment application and communication to
e. APC compensation and bonus administration.
f. Format of MAR and physician portal reports.
g. Compensation plan alterations and/or editions.
h. Administration of PSA as it relates to physician
12. Communicate with the Finance Committee concerns and
recommendations of the Comp Committee.
13. Consult and review new physician comp plan
communications with recruitment director.
14. Consult and review RAF program development and
15. Attend the annual Large Clinic Compensation conference
with Finance Director.
16. Manage special projects as needed.
* Work closely with Sutter Medical Foundation Decision
Support Service and Finance Department.
* This committee meets monthly or more frequently as
* Board Certified, M.D. or D.O, with a valid California
License to practice medicine, with 5 years experience in
* Basic Finance
* Knowledge of Sutter Medical Group Compensation
* Crucial Conversations
* Positive interpersonal skills such to foster positive
communications and working relationships with physicians,
executive and administrative staff
The Capital city of Sacramento offers cultural diversity and
ample outdoor activities including access to fabulous lakes
and rivers, snow sports and ample trails for hiking, biking,
etc. Centrally located, it is an hour and a half from the
mountains of Lake Tahoe or the bay of San Francisco. For the
wine connoisseur, scenic Napa Valley is just a short drive
Sacramento is the seventh most populous city in California.
It is also the core cultural and economic engine of a four-
county metropolitan area exceeding 2.1 million residents (El
Dorado, Placer, Sacramento and Yolo counties). The
Sacramento Metropolitan Area is the largest in the Central
Valley and the fourth-largest in the state. Greater
Sacramento has been cited as one of the five most livable
regions in America. Sacramento has a diverse population of
more than 1.4 million people.
Sacramento is home of the NBA's Sacramento Kings and Minor
League Baseball's Sacramento River Cats.
Sacramento has ample outdoor activities including access to
lakes, rivers and hiking and biking trails. Sacramento is
just 15 minutes away from the Sacramento International
Links to more community information
- Metro Chamber of Commerce Opens new window
- Sacramento Valley Online Opens new window
- California State University, Sacramento Opens new window
- Sacramento City Search Opens new window
- Sacramento Bee Opens new window
- Sacramento Magazine Opens new window
For more information contact
Those interested in applying should send their CV and
statement of interest to Kristin Hallmark.