Practice Opportunities - Information
Specialty: Integrative Medicine
Location: San Francisco, CA
(Physician Foundation Medical Associates - SPMF)
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (SPMF) is a non-profit medical organization affiliated with Sutter Health that provides primary and specialty medical care, research and education. Physician Foundation Medical Associates (PFMA) is a 150+ member multi-specialty group that is physician affiliated with SPMF and the larger Sutter Medical Network. We are rapidly growing in San Francisco and our foundation structure enables clinicians to work within a supportive team to provide excellent care. Our caregivers develop and share best practices, mentor new peers and contribute to clinical initiatives. The collegial environment attracts physicians and advance practice clinicians who are patient-centered, innovative, value teamwork and are committed to excellence.
SPMF has opportunities for physicians who are board certified in either internal medicine or family medicine to join the Institute for Health and Healing integrative Primary Care and Specialty Clinic practices as part of PFMA.
Sutter Health's Institute for Health & Healing (IHH) offers personalized, holistic, integrative medicine approach to care combining contemporary biotechnical medicine with evidenced based complementary medicine approaches. IHH services are offered by a physician led care team that includes nurse practitioners, psychotherapists, nutritionists, chiropractors, massage therapists and acupuncturists. Clinicians engage patients in a partnership creating care plans that address their unique health goals, resources and preferences.
IHH is opening its Integrative Medicine Primary Care practice in San Francisco this summer an expansion of its existing integrative medicine specialty clinics in San Francisco, Marin and Santa Rosa.
IHH is recruiting highly skilled primary care physicians who seek to incorporate integrative medicine into a team based, comprehensive primary care setting. In addition, IHH is seeking physicians who possess expertise and experience providing in-depth consultative integrative medicine services for positions in San Francisco or Marin County.
We seek passionate, experienced physicians who employ a holistic, patient centered approach and want to participate in an innovative, transformative model of healthcare within a leading healthcare system.
- Strongly aligned with the IHH's vision of healing people / transforming healthcare.
- Desire to practice in a multi-specialty medical group, PFMA, as part of the Sutter Health
- Competent in collaboration and team leadership, with excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated, proactive, engaged, service oriented, creative, enthusiastic, adaptable,
- Able to engage patients in the process of lifestyle change and to partner with them in
optimizing health and healing.
- Committed to innovation, on-going program development, practice growth and expansion.
- Dedicated to patient outcomes measurement and data-driven quality improvement to enhance the value and effectiveness of care.
Qualifications for Integrative Medicine position:
- Board Certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy.
- Integrative Medicine physician; in practice a minimum of 3-5 years
- Expertise and experience practicing acupuncture, functional medicine, osteopathy and manual
therapies, nutritional and herb-based approaches and mind/body techniques with clinically-
- .8 - 1.0 FTE; available to work some extended hours (evenings, weekends).
Join us and you'll enjoy:
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefit Package
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) funds and education days
- Retirement program
- Shareholder Eligibility
- Positive work/life balance
- State of the art electronic health record (EPIC)
- Group leadership opportunities
San Francisco is the leading financial and cultural center of Northern California and the San Francisco Bay Area. San Francisco is one of the top tourist destinations in the world and is renowned for its temperate weather, steep rolling hills, unique architecture, arts and culture, and
fine dining. The population is very diverse and there is high demand for primary care.
Links to more community information
For more information contact
For consideration, please email a cover letter and curriculum vitae to: Denise Jimenez,
Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, medical condition or pregnancy. Applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws.