Practice Opportunities - Information
Specialty: Integrative Medicine
Location: San Francisco, CA
(Physician Foundation Medical Associates - SPMF)
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (SPMF) is a non-profit medical organization affiliated with Sutter Health that provides primary and specialty medical care, research and education. Physician Foundation Medical Associates (PFMA) is a 160+ member multi-specialty group that is physician affiliated with SPMF and the larger Sutter Medical Network. Physicians who join the Institute for Health and Healing (IHH) clinics practice as part of PFMA. Sutter Health, a multi-billion dollar healthcare company with hospitals, foundations, and affiliated medical groups from Modesto to the Oregon border, is the second largest healthcare system in Northern California. We are rapidly growing in San Francisco and our foundation structure enables clinicians to work within a supportive team to provide excellent care. Our caregivers develop and share best practices, mentor new peers and contribute to clinical initiatives. The collegial environment attracts physicians and advance practice clinicians who are patient-centered, innovative, value teamwork and are committed to excellence.
SPMF has opportunities for Board Certified Primary Care Physicians to join its new Integrative Medicine Primary Care and Specialty clinic. We seek dynamic physicians dedicated to integrative patient care who are eager to join an innovative ambulatory clinic within a leading healthcare system. Candidates should be experienced and/or trained in Integrative Health, or have interest in developing an Integrative Health Care practice and wish to gain further skills and training in this field. Those who join our team will collaborate with colleagues, as well as Sutter Health?s Institute for Research, Development and Dissemination, to create a transformative new model for health, wellness and healing in a primary care setting.
IHH is recruiting highly motivated Primary Care physicians with a passion for holistic care as it plans to open an Integrative Medicine Primary Care practice in San Francisco this summer. The new clinic expands IHH services by adding a comprehensive patient-centered health home to its Specialty Care clinic, which currently provides acupuncture, bodywork, nutrition, Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine and other therapies to a wide demographic of patients. In line with our expansion, IHH is also seeking physicians for our Specialty Clinics in San Francisco and Marin County.
- Aligned with the IHH's vision of healing people/transforming healthcare
- Desire to practice in a multi-specialty medical group, PFMA, as part of the Sutter Health
- Competent in collaboration and team leadership, with excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated, proactive, engaged, service oriented, creative, enthusiastic, adaptable,
- Engages patients in the process of lifestyle change and to partner with them in
optimizing health and healing
- Committed to innovation, ongoing program development, practice growth and expansion
- Dedicated to patient outcomes measurement and data-driven quality improvement to enhance the value and effectiveness of care
- Board Certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy
- Integrative Medicine physician in practice a minimum of 3-5 years
- Expertise in practicing acupuncture, functional medicine, osteopathy and manual
therapies, nutritional and herb-based approaches and mind/body techniques with clinically-
-0.8-1.0 FTE; available to work some extended hours
San Francisco is the leading financial and cultural center of Northern California and the San Francisco Bay Area. San Francisco is one of the top tourist destinations in the world and is renowned for its temperate weather, steep rolling hills, unique architecture, arts and culture, and fine dining. The population is very diverse and there is high demand for primary care.
Links to more community information
For more information contact
For consideration or questions, please email a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Denise Jimenez, Human Resources Manager, at JimeneDJ@sutterhealth.org