(Board Certified, American Academy of Dermatology and American Board of Laser Surgery)
Accepting new patients
Offers My Health Online
Patient Satisfaction Rating
Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Los Gatos Winchester Center:
Wednesday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Education & Training
University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL, 2002
UCSF, San Francisco, Department of Medicine, 2003
UCSF, San Francisco, Department of Dermatology, 2006
Microbiology & Immunology, UCSF, 2007
Ph.D. in Biochemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, 1997; Post doctoral fellowship Immunology, Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1998-1999; Post doctoral fellowship Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, 2005-2007; Clinical Instructor, University of California, San Francisco, 2006-2007
Acne scar treatment, Acne treatment, Actinic keratosis (pre-cancers), Age spots, Atypical moles, Basal cell carcinoma, CO2 laser skin resurfacing, Chemical skin peels, Cysts, Eczema, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, Fraxel laser treatment, Laser treatment of tattoos, Laser vascular treatment, Melanoma,
See more + Click to expand Professional interests
Staff Dermatologist, UCSF 2006-2007
High Risk Skin Cancer Clinic, UCSF 2005-2007
Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology; Member of the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
Physician Web Link
- Rudolph MG, Shen LQ, Lamontagne SA, Luz JG, Delaney JR, Ge Q, Cho BK, Palliser D, McKinley CA, Chen J, Wilson IA, Eisen HN. A peptide that antagonizes TCR-mediated reactions with both syngeneic and allogeneic agonists: functional and structural aspects. J Immunol. 2004 Mar 1;172(5):2994-3002. PubMed PMID: 14978103.
- Holler PD, Lim AR, Cho BK, Rund LA, Kranz DM. CD8(-) T cell transfectants that express a high affinity T cell receptor exhibit enhanced peptide-dependent activation. J Exp Med. 2001 Oct 15;194(8):1043-52. PubMed PMID: 11602635; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2193521.
- Ge Q, Rao VP, Cho BK, Eisen HN, Chen J. Dependence of lymphopenia-induced T cell proliferation on the abundance of peptide/ MHC epitopes and strength of their interaction with T cell receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001 Feb 13;98(4):1728-33. PubMed PMID: 11172019; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC29325.
- Cho BK, Lian KC, Lee P, Brunmark A, McKinley C, Chen J, Kranz DM, Eisen HN. Differences in antigen recognition and cytolytic activity of CD8(+) and CD8(-) T cells that express the same antigen-specific receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001 Feb 13;98(4):1723-7. PubMed PMID: 11172018; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC29324.
- Cho BK, Palliser D, Guillen E, Wisniewski J, Young RA, Chen J, Eisen HN. A proposed mechanism for the induction of cytotoxic T lymphocyte production by heat shock fusion proteins. Immunity. 2000 Mar;12(3):263-72. PubMed PMID: 10755613.
- Cho BK, Rao VP, Ge Q, Eisen HN, Chen J. Homeostasis-stimulated proliferation drives naive T cells to differentiate directly into memory T cells. J Exp Med. 2000 Aug 21;192(4):549-56. PubMed PMID: 10952724; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2193235.
- Rund LA, Cho BK, Manning TC, Holler PD, Roy EJ, Kranz DM. Bispecific agents target endogenous murine T cells against human tumor xenografts. Int J Cancer. 1999 Sep 24;83(1):141-9. PubMed PMID: 10449621.
- Cho BK, Wang C, Sugawa S, Eisen HN, Chen J. Functional differences between memory and naive CD8 T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999 Mar 16;96(6):2976-81. PubMed PMID: 10077622; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC15880.
- Cho BK, Kieke MC, Boder ET, Wittrup KD, Kranz DM. A yeast surface display system for the discovery of ligands that trigger cell activation. J Immunol Methods. 1998 Nov 1;220(1-2):179-88. PubMed PMID: 9839939.
- Kranz DM, Manning TC, Rund LA, Cho BK, Gruber MM, Roy EJ. Targeting tumor cells with bispecific antibodies and T cells. J Control Release. 1998 Apr 30;53(1-3):77-84. PubMed PMID: 9741915.
- Roy EJ, Cho BK, Rund LA, Patrick TA, Kranz DM. Targeting T cells against brain tumors with a bispecific ligand-antibody conjugate. Int J Cancer. 1998 May 29;76(5):761-6. PubMed PMID: 9610737.
This physician directory is provided as a convenience to you. It is not intended as a recommendation, referral, or endorsement of any particular provider. Physicians are not employees or agents of Sutter Health or its affiliates. The information is submitted by each doctor and we make no guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy of the information. Sutter Health is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on this information. You should verify the accuracy of the information directly with the physician's office.
All doctors on this site are affiliated with Sutter Health's network of care - members of the medical staff of Sutter-affiliated hospitals, affiliated medical groups, and independent practice associations that participate in clinical initiatives. Doctors do not pay a fee to be included in this directory. If a physician ceases to fall within one of the categories noted, he/she would no longer be listed on the site. Doctors meeting your search criteria are presented in alphabetical order by last name, or by geographic proximity if a zip code has been used as search criterion.