Need Help? Call 1-800-4SUTTER
Education & Training
Stanford University School of Medicine
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford
Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, Stanford Medical Center
Masters of Science, Health Promotion, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Allergy & Immunology
All aspects of adult and pediatric allergy immunology including food allergies, asthma, atopic dermatitis/eczema, allergic rhinoconjunctivitis/hayfever, hives, and anaphylaxis/severe allergic reactions.
Adjunct Clinical Faculty - Stanford University Medical Center and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital; Medical Advisor - Food Allergy Support Group, Medical Relief Team - Banda Aceh, Indonesia 2005
Dr. Yu is married and enjoys playing volleyball, going to concerts and plays, and spending time with her family and friends.
Physician Web Link
Selected Honors and Awards
- America's Top Physicians (2012)
- America's Top Physicians (2011)
- Compassionate Doctor Award (2010)
- Patient's Choice Award (2010)
- America's Top Physicians (2010)
- Patient's Choice Award (2009)
- National Institutes of Health Fellowship Award (2009-2010)
- Children's Health Research Institute Gallo Fellowship Award (2009-2010)
- Patient's Choice Award (2008)
- Stanford Institute for Immunity, Transplantation, and Infection Award (2008)
- Stanford Aronstam Fellow in Child Health (2007-2008)
- American Academy of Pediatrics Resident Scholarship(2006)
- American Academy of Pediatrics Research Grant (2006)
- Stanford University Medical Scholars Research Grant (2005)
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship (1998)
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society (1997)
- Stanford University Frederic King Scholarship for Academic Excellence (1994)
- Stanford University Presidential Award for Academic Excellence (1994)
- The Safety of Peanut Oral Immunotherapy in Peanut Allergic Subjects in a Single Center Trial. Yu GP, Weldon B, Neale-May S, Nadeau KC. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2012;159(2):179-82.
- Genotype, phenotype, and outcomes of nine patients with T-B+NK+ SCID. Yu GP, Nadeau KC, Berk DR, de Saint Basile G, Lambert N, Knapnougel P, Roberts J, Kavanau K, Dunn E, Stiehm ER, Lewis DB, Umetsu DT, Puck JM, Cowan MJ. Pediatr Transplant. 2011 Nov;15(7):733-41
- Basophil CD203c levels are increased at baseline and can be used to monitor omalizumab treatment in subjects with nut allergy. Gernez Y, Tirouvanziam R, Yu G, Ghosn EE, Reshamwala N, Nguyen T, Tsai M, Galli SJ, Herzenberg LA, Herzenberg LA, Nadeau KC. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2011; 154 (4): 318-27
- Cold Urticaria Yu GP, Wanderer AA, Mahmoudi M. Challenging Cases in Allergic and Immunologic Diseases of the Skin. 2010: 25-44
- Omalizumab in Peanut-allergic Patients Reduces Free IgE to Peanut and Skin Prick Tests to Peanut. Yu GP, Tuano KS, Hamilton RG, Nadeau KC. J Allergy Clin Immunol.. 2010; 125 (2): AB2
- Ertapenem-induced DRESS syndrome in a female patient. Yu GP, Gelman M, Suh G, Ho D, Singh U, Schoolnik GK, Blackburn B, Nadeau KC.. Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology.. 2009; 103 (5): A80-81
- Regulatory T cell dysfunction in subjects with common variable immunodeficiency complicated by autoimmune disease. Yu GP, Chiang D, Song SJ, Hoyte EG, Huang J, Vanishsarn C, Nadeau KC. Clin Immunol. 2009; 131 (2): 240-53
- Study of Sublingual Immunotherapy in Subjects with Dust Mite and Timothy Grass allergies. Reshamwala N, Song SJ, Yu GP, Swami R, Berquist S, Nguyen T, Hoyte EG, Vissamsetti S, Sivagnanasundaram A, Saper V, Hwang P, Moss RB, Nadeau KC.. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009; 123 (2): S126
- Focus on FOCIS: the continuing diagnostic challenge of autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease. Yu G, Hong DK, Dionis KY, Rae J, Heyworth PG, Curnutte JT, Lewis DB. Clin Immunol. 2008; 128 (2): 117-26
Philosophy of Care
I was raised in San Diego and San Francisco and love the Bay Area so much that I went to college, medical school, residency, and fellowship at Stanford. During my three year allergy immunology fellowship and while on Stanford faculty, I helped start a food allergy research trial that has been life-changing for patients and their families.
My philosophy of care follows the golden rule: I want to provide the type of care that I would want for my loved ones and myself. I love practicing medicine and greatly value being able to provide outstanding care for my patients at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
This physician directory is provided as a convenience to you. It is not intended as a recommendation, referral, or endorsement of any particular provider. Physicians are not employees or agents of Sutter Health or its affiliates. The information is submitted by each doctor and we make no guarantee or warrantee as to the accuracy of the information. Sutter Health is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on this information. You should verify the accuracy of the information directly with the physician's office.
All doctors on this site are affiliated with Sutter Health's network of care - members of the medical staff of Sutter-affiliated hospitals, affiliated medical groups, and independent practice associations that participate in clinical initiatives. Doctors do not pay a fee to be included in this directory. If a physician ceases to fall within one of the categories noted, he/she would no longer be listed on the site. Doctors meeting your search criteria are presented in alphabetical order by last name, or by geographic proximity if a zip code has been used as search criterion.