Advanced therapeutic endoscopy, Barrett's ablation, Biliary disease, Bilio-pancreatic endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Colorectal cancer screening, Endoscopic mucosal resection, Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP), Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), Liver biopsy,
See more + Click to expand Professional interests
Dr. Ramrakhiani also specializes in Barrett's Esophagus, biliary disease, cancer family syndromes, colorectal neoplasia, Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), hepatobiliary intervention, interventional endoscopy, liver biopsy, liver cancer, pancreatic diseases advanced endoscopy, pancreatobiliary endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound.
Clinical Associate Professor, St. Louis University School of Medicine; American Gastroenterological Association; American Association for Study of Liver Disease; American College of Gastroenterology.
Physician Web Link
1. S Ramrakhiani, EM Brunt, BR Bacon. Possible cholestatic injury from ranitidine with a review of the literature. American Journal of Gastroenterology 93:822-826, 1998.
2. BR Bacon and S Ramrakhiani. When jaundice strikes. Cortlandt Forum, April 1998, pp 161-162
3. S Ramrakhiani, BR Bacon. Hemochromatosis: Advances in molecular genetics and clinical diagnosis. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 27:41-46, 1998.
4. S Ramrakhiani, BR Bacon. Alcohol and chronic hepatitis C: Cofactors in the pathogenesis of liver disease. Advances in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Clinical Nutrition 3(6):315-316, 1998
5. BA Neuschwander-Tetri, WL Isley, JC Oki, S Ramrakhiani, SG Quiason, NJ Phillips, EM Brunt. Troglitazone-induced hepatic failure leading to liver transplantation. Annals Of Internal Medicine, 129:38-41, 1998.
6. X Fan, Y Xu, H Solomon, S Ramrakhiani, BA Neuschwander-Tetri, AM Di Bisceglie. Is hepatitis G virus hepatotropic? Detection of hepatitis G viral RNA in liver and serum. Journal of Medical Virology, 58:160-164, 1999.
7. S. Ramrakhiani and BR Bacon. Hepatology into the Next Millennium: Advances in Viral Hepatitis, Hepatic Disorders and Liver Transplantation. Medical Clinics of North America, 84(5): 1085-1105, 2000.
8. S. Ramrakhiani and BR Bacon. Prevalence of HFE genotypes and their relationship to iron overload in patients attending a health appraisal clinic. Evidence Based Gastroenterology. 2(1):36-37, Feb 2001.
9. C. Sponseller and S. Ramrakhiani. Management of recurrent hepatitis B and C post liver transplant. Current Gastroenterology Reports. Vol. 4(1):52-62
10. J. Poulos, P. Zachary and S. Ramrakhiani. Management of diverticular bleeding. Practical Gastroenterology. R. Silverman, H. Solomon, S. Ramrakhiani, WE Longo. Restorative proctocolectomy following orthotopic liver transplantation for primary sclerosing cholangitis. Transplantation Proc 2002 Jun: 34(4):1218-9
11. F. Johnson, C. Janney, S. Ramrakhiani. Multiple gastric carcinoids. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. (In press)
12. C. Sponseller and S. Ramrakhiani. Treatment of hepatitis B and C post transplant. Current Hepatitis Reports (In press).
13. Lyra AC, Fan X, Lang DM, Yusim K, Ramrakhiani S, Brunt EM, Korber B, Perelson AS, Di Bisceglie AM. Evolution of hepatitis C viral quasispecies after liver transplantation. Gastroenterology 2002 Nov;123(5):1485-93
14. Stephen A Harrison M.D, Sanjay Ramrakhiani M.D, Elizabeth M Brunt M.D, Maan A Anbari M.D, Cherise Cortese M.D, Bruce R Bacon M.D (2003) Orlistat in the treatment of NASH: a case series The American Journal of Gastroenterology 98 (4) , 926–930
15. Qaiser Jawaid, Zahid A. Saeed, Adrian M. Di Bisceglie, Elizabeth M. Brunt, Sanjay Ramrakhiani, Chintalapati R. Varma, Harvey Solomon (2003) Biliary-Venous Fistula Complicating Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt Presenting With Recurrent Bacteremia, Jaundice, Anemia and Fever American Journal of Transplantation 3 (12) , 1604–1607
16. Concurrence of Histologic Features of Steatohepatitis with Other Forms of Chronic Liver Disease Elizabeth M. Brunt, MD, Sunil Ramrakhiani, MD, Barry G. Cordes, MD, Brent A. Neuschwander-Tetri, MD, Christine G. Janney, MD, Bruce R. Bacon, MD, Adrian M. Di Bisceglie, MD Mod Pathol 2003;16(1):49–56
17. Abnormal pancreatic imaging: ambiguity necessitates EUS. Reiss, S Ramrakhiani Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2008
Philosophy of Care
As the medical director of the Digestive Health service line at El Camino Hospital, I work closely with a team of specialists, including surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, and pathologists. This team works collaboratively as a multi-disciplinary team to develop a customized treatment plan for each individual patient through our multidisciplinary tumor board. The nurses and clinical staff at our surgicenter and hospital are highly trained, empathetic and compassionate and allow physicians to provide high touch, high tech care. Our team provides a high level of sophistication and technical expertise that allows us to offer cutting edge, state of the art care in the community setting. My philosophy is to put you as a patient first, provide physical and emotional comfort and I believe that our team can provide the highest level of service to you and your family.