Not Accepting new patients
Offers My Health Online
Patient Satisfaction Rating
Monday through Wednesday and Friday
Education & Training
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, MD, 2003
Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 2004
Stanford University Hospital, 2006; Internal Medicine Chief Resident, Stanford, CA, 2007
General Cardiology, Stanford University Hospital, 2011;
Health Care Research and Health Policy, Stanford University Hospital, 2011;
Cardiology Chief Fellow, Stanford University Hospital, 2010
Arrhythmia, Atrial septal defect, Cardiac critical care, Cardiomyopathy, Cardiovascular imaging and diagnostic services, Cholesterol management, Congestive heart failure, Coronary artery disease, Echocardiogram, End-stage heart disease, Heart failure, Holter monitor, Hypertension, Lipid management,
See more + Click to expand Professional interests
Heart failure, prevention and management of coronary heart disease, women's health, health outcomes in the aging population
American Heart Association member, American College of Cardiology speaker: Women's Health (Cardiology) Series; Veteran's Hospital
Dr. Tsai enjoys running and playing tennis, as well as spending time with family and friends.
Physician Web Link
1. Tsai V, Kim S, Clatterbuck RE, et al. Cystic prostate metastases to the brain parenchyma: Report of two cases and review of the literature. J Neurooncol 2001: 51:167-173
2. Tsai V, Vagelos R, Rosso F, Boggs J, McConnell MV, Montoya JG. Primary Meningococcal Pericarditis: Report of a Case and Review of the Literature. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice 2006: 14:137-143.
3. Tsai V, Chen H, Hsia HH, Zei PC, Wang PJ, and Al-Ahmad A. Cardiac Device Infections Complicated by Erosion. J Interven Card Electrophysiol 2007:19:133-137.
4. Tsai VW, Cooper J, Garan H, Natale A, Ptaszek LM, Ellinor PT, Hickey K, Downey R, Zei P, Hsia H, Wang P, Hunt S, Haddad F, Al-Ahmad A. The Efficacy of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators in Heart Transplant Recipients: Results from a Multicenter Registry. Circulation: Heart Failure 2009:2:197-201.
5. Heidenreich PA, Tsai V. Is Anyone Too Old for an Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator? Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2009:2:6-8.
6. Shah R, Tsai V, Klein L, Heidenreich PA. Characteristics and Outcomes of Very Elderly Patients Following a Hospitalization for Heart Failure. Circulation: Heart Failure, 2011:4:301-307.
7. Tsai VW, Goldstein MK, Hsia HH, Wang Y, Curtis J, Heidenreich PA. Age Differences in Implantable Cardioverter- Defibrillator Use among U.S. Primary Prevention Patients. Journal of the American Geriatrics Association (JAGS). 2011:59:1589-1595.
8. Tsai V, Goldstein MK, Hsia H, Wang Y, Curtis J, Heidenreich PA. Influence of Age on Perioperative Complications among Patients Undergoing Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators for Primary Prevention in the United States. Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2011:4:549-556.
9. Heidenrieich PA, Tsai V, Curtis J, Wang Y, Turakhia MP, Masoudi FA, Varosy PD, Goldstein MK. A Validated Risk Model for One-Year Mortality after Primary Prevention ImplantableCardioverter Defibrillator Placement. Am Heart J, 2015. Published online: January 6, 2015. In press.
10. Kasier DW, Tsai V, Heidenreich PA, Goldstein M, Curtis JP, Yang Y, Turakhia M. Defibrillator Implantation Prevention in the United States: Inappropriate Care or Inadequate Documentation? Insights from the National Cardiovascular Data ICD Registry. Heart Rhythm, 2015. In press.
11. Heidenreich PA, Tsai V, Bao H, Curtis J, Goldstein M, Curtis L, Hernandez A, Peterson PM, Turakhia M, Masoudi F. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Older Adults. JACC: Heart Failure, 2015. In press.
Philosophy of Care
I believe in providing high-quality and personalized care, that is evidence-based and up-to-date. For me, this is achieved by closely listening to my patients, and carefully reaching tough decisions together.
This physician directory is provided as a convenience to you. It is not intended as a recommendation, referral, or endorsement of any particular provider. Physicians are not employees or agents of Sutter Health or its affiliates. The information is submitted by each doctor and we make no guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy of the information. Sutter Health is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on this information. You should verify the accuracy of the information directly with the physician's office.
All doctors on this site are affiliated with Sutter Health's network of care - members of the medical staff of Sutter-affiliated hospitals, affiliated medical groups, and independent practice associations that participate in clinical initiatives. Doctors do not pay a fee to be included in this directory. If a physician ceases to fall within one of the categories noted, he/she would no longer be listed on the site. Doctors meeting your search criteria are presented in alphabetical order by last name, or by geographic proximity if a zip code has been used as search criterion.