Joining the Provider Panel
Sutter EAP provides assessment, intervention, referral, short-term problem resolution, education, training, and consultation services to members and their eligible dependents covered by our benefit. These members each receive up to a pre-approved number of sessions each calendar or fiscal year with a licensed therapist.
Sutter EAP uses an Intake Counselor model for the delivery of EAP services. This model is uniquely designed to help members identify individual needs by working with an experienced Intake Counselor. The Intake Counselors are knowledgeable about resources available in the community, as well as being positioned to match the member with the individual therapist who will most closely meet his/her needs.
A provider who accepts a referral is sent documentation indicating the number of authorized sessions, including a section for summary information about the interaction with the client (action plan). This form is a simple one-page document with no required DSM diagnostic reporting necessary. After services have been completed, the contracted provider returns the document to Sutter EAP for reimbursement. Sutter EAP reimburses for late cancellations (less than 24 hours prior to appointment) and no-shows.
Interested in Joining the Sutter EAP Provider Panel?
Are you interested in joining our Provider panel and becoming a part of the Sutter difference?
You will be required to submit:
- Proof of Malpractice Insurance
- Proof of State Licensure (2 year minimum licensing requirement)
- Cover letter detailing your preferred areas of treatment and services
- Professional Resume or C.V.
- Three (3) professional letters of reference
- A valid email address
Frequently Asked Questions from Providers
Sutter EAP Provider Panel is full and not accepting new providers in the following areas:
- Davis, CA
- Auburn, CA
- Sacramento County - With the following exceptions:
- Providers located in Elk Grove
- Providers who specialize in the treatment of children and adolescents
- Providers currently on the United Behavioral Health insurance panel
- Santa Cruz County zips 95060, 95062, 95073, 95010
Via US mail:
Provider Relations Department
P.O. Box 163149
Sacramento CA, 95816-3149
Grievance Form (PDF)