Administrative Fellowship Program
Sutter Health's Administrative Fellowship Program gives master’s-prepared candidates hands-on, specialized administrative experience in acute care hospitals, medical groups/foundations and ambulatory care environments.
The program enables future leaders to understand the challenges facing today’s health care delivery systems and provides invaluable insight into the workings of an integrated, not-for-profit health care system.
Full Fellow Stories
Karen's Story (video) | Ike's Story (video) | Kiren's Story (video)
Who is Sutter Health?
Sutter Health is a network of doctors and hospitals in Northern California. With more than 50,000 doctors, employees and volunteers, we serve more than 100 Northern California cities and town. Together, we share a partnership promise to create a more personalized, high-value health care experience for you and your family. Watch our latest advertising campaign to learn more about our partnership promise.
Learn more about Sutter Health's network of care.
Administrative Fellowship Program Highlights
- The Administrative Fellowship Program is a one year program
- Fellows usually begin their program between June and July
- Fellows are offered comprehensive benefits and salary
- Fellows are provided the opportunity to have one-on-one mentoring with a Sutter Health executive
Campus Informational Meetings
Eligibility for Program
To be eligible for the Administrative Fellowship Program at Sutter Health, the applicant:
- Must be a recent graduate (less than one year ago) with one of the following degrees: MBA, MHA, MPH or other health/business related field -OR- currently enrolled in a Master’s program with the anticipation of graduating in Spring, prior to the Fellowship start date.
- Students currently in a Master’s Program with a pending residency requirement prior to being awarded a Master’s Degree are not eligible for this program. (This Fellowship cannot be utilized in replacement of a residency requirement in order to graduate. Applicants must have fully completed all requirements of graduation, prior to the start of the Sutter Health Fellowship in the Spring/Summer).
- Sutter Health is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Our 2014-2015 Administrative Fellowship application is available online. Opens new window
Please note that applications will only be accepted online.
The following must be submitted as attachments to the online application:
- Current Resume or CV
- Three letters of professional recommendation (at least one letter from a faculty member, if currently enrolled in a graduate degree program)
- Statement of Fellowship and career objectives (a professional development plan, not to exceed two pages)
- If applicable, statement of voluntary community activities (one page only)
- Original, unopened official graduate transcripts (photocopied/electronic transcripts will not be accepted)
2700 Gateway Oaks Drive, Ste 2500
Sacramento, CA 95833
Attn: Kiran Bains, AFP project coordinator
AFP application enclosed
- 1st Round | Phone interviews with top selected candidates: August and September 2013
- 2nd Round | Campus or video interviews (invitation only): October 2013
- 3rd Round | On-site panel interviews (invitation only): Mid-November 2013
- Decision | Final decisions will be made in late November 2013 for Fellowships to start in Spring 2014
For more information about the Administrative Fellowship Program:
Eva Hilliard, Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant
Sutter Health provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits (vacation, holiday, ec.)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tax-deferred annuity plans - 403b
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance programs providing counseling
- Leaves of absence, family care, bereavement, etc.
- Relocation assistance
- Health, fitness, entertainment and other product and service discounts
More about Sutter Health
More about the Sutter Health network.
Facts at a glance
Better, Safer Care
Keeping patients safe is our top priority.
Advanced illness management
Electronic health record