Administrative Fellowship Program
Sutter Health's Administrative Fellowship Program gives master’s-prepared candidates hands-on, specialized administrative experience in acute care hospitals, medical groups/foundations and ambulatory care environments.
The program enables future leaders to understand the challenges facing today’s health care delivery systems and provides invaluable insight into the workings of an integrated, not-for-profit health care system.
Who is Sutter Health?
Sutter Health is a network of doctors and hospitals in Northern California. With more than 50,000 doctors, employees and volunteers, we serve more than 100 Northern California cities and town. Together, we share a partnership promise to create a more personalized, high-value health care experience for you and your family. Watch our latest advertising campaign to learn more about our partnership promise.
Learn more about Sutter Health's network of care.
Administrative Fellowship Program Highlights
- The Administrative Fellowship Program is a one year program
- Fellows usually begin their program between May and July
- Fellows are offered comprehensive benefits and salary
- Fellows are provided the opportunity to have one-on-one mentoring with a Sutter Health executive
Campus Informational Meetings
Eligibility for Program
To be eligible for the Administrative Fellowship Program at Sutter Health, the applicant:
- Must be a recent graduate (less than one year ago) with one of the following degrees: MBA, MHA, MPH or other health/business related field -OR- currently enrolled in a Master’s program with the anticipation of graduating in Spring, prior to the Fellowship start date.
- Students currently in a Master’s Program with a residency requirement prior to being awarded a Master’s Degree are not eligible for this program.
- Sutter Health is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Fellowship opportunities for the 2014-2015 year, will be posted this summer in August 2013.
You must submit all of the following materials prior to the application deadline:
- Current Resume or CV
- Three letters of professional recommendation
- Statement of Fellowship and career objectives ( a professional development plan, not to exceed two pages)
- If applicable, statement of voluntary community activities (one page only)
- Original unopened official graduate transcripts (must be mailed to the address below, as photocopied/electronic transcripts will not be accepted)
- 1st Round | Phone interviews with top selected candidates: September
- 2nd Round | Campus or video interviews (invitation only): Early October
- 3rd Round | On-site panel interviews: November
- Decision | Final decisions will be made in late November 2013 for Fellowships to start in Spring 2014
For more information about the Administrative Fellowship Program:
2200 River Plaza Drive
Sacramento, CA 95833
Sutter Health provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits (vacation, holiday, ec.)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tax-deferred annuity plans - 403b
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance programs providing counseling
- Leaves of absence, family care, bereavement, etc.
- Relocation assistance
- Health, fitness, entertainment and other product and service discounts
More about Sutter Health
More about the Sutter Health network.
Facts at a glance
Better, Safer Care
Keeping patients safe is our top priority.
Advanced illness management
Electronic health record