Patrick E Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Health Care Leadership
Sutter Health's Patrick E Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Health Care Leadership gives master’s-prepared candidates hands-on, specialized administrative experience in acute care hospitals, medical groups/foundations and ambulatory care environments.
The program enables future leaders to understand the challenges facing today’s health care delivery systems and provides invaluable insight into the workings of an integrated, not-for-profit health care system.
Fellowship Program Highlights
- The Fellowship Program is a one year program
- Fellows usually begin their program between June and July
- Fellows are offered comprehensive benefits and salary
- Fellows are provided the opportunity to have one-on-one mentoring with a Sutter Health executive
Eligibility for Program
To be eligible for the Fellowship Program, the applicant:
- Must be a recent graduate (less than one year ago) with an MBA, MHA, MPH -OR- currently enrolled in a Master’s program with the anticipation of graduating in Spring, prior to the Fellowship start date.
- Students currently in a Master’s Program with a pending residency requirement prior to being awarded a Master’s Degree are not eligible for this program. (This Fellowship cannot be utilized in replacement of a residency requirement in order to graduate. Applicants must have fully graduated prior to the start of the Fellowship.)
- Sutter Health is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Application & Selection Process
The Fellowship Program application Opens new window process will open on August 3, 2015 and must be submitted by the September 4, 2015 deadline, by 5:00pm PST.
Please note the following dates for the 2016-2017 Fellowship Program:
- August 3, 2015 | The position will be posted as "Administrative Fellow"
- September 4, 2015 | Deadline for complete application (see below for details)
- September 7-18, 2015 | Phone screens (by invitation only)
- September 28 - October 9, 2015 | Campus interviews (by invitation only)
- TBD | Final panel interviews in California
- Summer 2016 | Fellowship begins
Documents to Submit
Your entire application must arrive in our office by close of business on September 4, 2015 for the 2016-2017 Fellowship Program. Please submit the following with your application:
- Current resume or CV
- Three original letters of professional recommendation (at least one letter from a faculty member, if currently enrolled in a graduate degree program)
- Statement of Fellowship and career objectives (a professional development plan, not to exceed two pages)
- If applicable, statement of voluntary community activities (one page only)
- Transcripts: Official unopened graduate transcripts. Or official e-transcript can be emailed to Executive2@sutterhealth.org.
2700 Gateway Oaks Drive, Ste 2500
Sacramento, CA 95833
Attn: Fellowship Program
AFP application enclosed
Sutter Health provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. View an overview of benefits.
For more information about the Fellowship Program please email: Executive2@sutterhealth.org