Patrick E Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Health Care Leadership
Sutter Health's Patrick E Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Health Care Leadership gives master’s-prepared candidates hands-on, specialized administrative experience in acute care hospitals, medical groups/foundations and ambulatory care environments.
The program enables future leaders to understand the challenges facing today’s health care delivery systems and provides invaluable insight into the workings of an integrated, not-for-profit health care system.
Fellowship Program Highlights
- The Fellowship Program is a one year program
- Fellows usually begin their program between June and July
- Fellows are offered comprehensive benefits and salary
- Fellows are provided the opportunity to have one-on-one mentoring with a Sutter Health executive
Eligibility for Program
Eligible candidates for the Fellowship Program at Sutter Health must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current graduate student of an accredited university enrolled in an MBA-healthcare focused, MHA or MPH program with anticipation of graduating spring 2017 OR a recent graduate in the last twelve (12) months.
- Expressed focus in healthcare administration.
- Sutter Health is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Application & Selection Process
- August 1 | Apply online to the Administrative Fellow job listing
- September 9 | Deadline for complete application (see below for details)
- September 12-16 | Phone screens (by invitation only)
- September 26 - October 7 | Executive interviews (by invitation only)
- End of October | Final panel interviews in California (by invitation only)
- Summer 2017 | Fellowship begins
Documents to Submit
- Resume: upload into on-line application
- Statement of fellowship and career objectives (a professional development plan, single-spaced, not to exceed one page): upload into on-line application
- Letters of Recommendation: Two original and signed letters of professional recommendation (at least one letter from a faculty member): *see submission options
- Transcripts: Official, sealed graduate transcripts *see submission options
- Undergraduate transcripts (official e-transcripts or sealed physical transcripts) *see submission options
- Statement of volunteer community activities (single-spaced, not to exceed one page): upload into on-line application
Original letters of recommendation and official transcripts can be mailed in a sealed envelope directly to:
2700 Gateway Oaks Dr., Ste. 2500
Sacramento, CA 95833
Attn: Fellowship Program
Letters of recommendation (submitted by author) and e-transcripts (submitted by registrar office) may be emailed to: Executive2@sutterhealth.org
For questions regarding the application process, please email us at: Executive2@sutterhealth.org