Administrative Healthcare Internship Program
Sutter Health's Administrative Healthcare Internship Program gives first year master’s-prepared candidates (MBA, MHA, MPH) hands-on, specialized administrative experience through 10-12 week projects in acute care hospitals, medical groups/foundations and/or ambulatory care environments.
The internship enables future leaders to understand the challenges facing today’s health care delivery systems and provides invaluable insight into the workings of an integrated, not-for-profit health care system.
Who is Sutter Health?
Sutter Health is a network of doctors and hospitals in Northern California. With more than 50,000 doctors, employees and volunteers, we serve more than 100 Northern California cities and town. Together, we share a partnership promise to create a more personalized, high-value health care experience for you and your family. Watch our latest advertising campaign to learn more about our partnership promise.
Learn more about Sutter Health's network of care.
Administrative Healthcare Internship Program Highlights
- The Administrative Healthcare Internship Program is a 10-12 week session offered during the summer months
- Interns are offered a competitive salary
- Interns are provided the opportunity to have one-on-one mentoring with a Sutter Health executive
- Interns are prepared for Sutter Health's Administrative Fellowship Program
Eligibility for Program
To be eligible for the Administrative Healthcare Internship at Sutter Health, the applicant must be a graduate student of an accredited university in the first year of a MBA, MHA or MPH graduate program or other healthcare related field, with expressed interest in healthcare administration. Graduation to be completed in second year.
The Summer 2014 Administrative Healthcare Internship applicationOpens new window must be submitted by January 10, 2014 by 5:00pm PST.
The following must be submitted as attachments to the online application:
- Current Resume or CV
- Statement of internship and career objectives (a professional development plan, not to exceed one page)
- If applicable, statement of voluntary community activities (one page only)
- Three letters of professional recommendation (at least one letter from a faculty member, if currently enrolled in a graduate degree program)
- Original, unopened, official undergraduate transcripts(photocopied/electronic transcripts will not be accepted)
2700 Gateway Oaks Drive, Ste 2500
Sacramento, CA 95833
Attn: Kiran Bains, project coordinator
Internship application enclosed
For more information about the Administrative Healthcare Internship:
Eva Hilliard, Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant
Kiran Bains, Project Coordinator