Administrative Healthcare Internship Program
Sutter Health's Administrative Healthcare Internship Program gives first year master’s degree-prepared candidates (e.g., MBA, MHA, MPH) hands-on, specialized administrative experience through 10-12 week projects in acute care hospitals, medical groups and foundations and/or ambulatory care environments.
The internship enables future leaders to understand the challenges facing today’s health care delivery systems and provides invaluable insight into the workings of an integrated, not-for-profit health care system.
Who is Sutter Health?
Sutter Health is a network of doctors and hospitals in Northern California. With more than 58,000 doctors, employees and volunteers, we serve more than 100 Northern California cities and town. Together, we share a partnership promise to create a more personalized, high-value health care experience for the communities in which we serve. Watch our latest advertising campaign to learn more about our partnership promise.
Learn more about Sutter Health's network of care.
Administrative Healthcare Internship Program Highlights
- The Administrative Healthcare Internship Program is a 10-12 week session offered during the summer months
- Interns are offered a competitive salary and housing for the duration of the program
- Interns are provided the opportunity to have one-on-one mentoring with Sutter Health executives
Eligibility for Program
Eligible candidates for the Administrative Healthcare Internship at Sutter Health must be current graduate students of an accredited university in the first year of a MBA, MHA or MPH graduate program, with expressed interest in healthcare administration.
Apply online for the Administrative Internship.
- Resume: upload into on-line application
- Statement of internship and career objectives (a professional development plan, single-spaced, not to exceed one page): upload into on-line application
- Letters of Recommendation: Two original and signed letters of professional recommendation (at least one letter from a faculty member): *see submission options
- Transcripts: Official, sealed undergraduate transcripts *see submission options
- Transcripts: graduate transcripts (official e-transcripts or sealed physical transcripts) *see submission options
- Statement of volunteer community activities (single-spaced, not to exceed one page): upload into on-line application
Original letters of recommendation and official transcripts can be mailed in a sealed envelope directly to:
2700 Gateway Oaks Dr., Ste. 2500
Sacramento, CA 95833
Attn: Administrative Internship Program
Letters of recommendation (submitted by author) and e-transcripts (submitted by registrar office) may be emailed to: Executive2@sutterhealth.org
All required documents and online application must be submitted by the deadline of January 8, 2016 in order to be considered for the Summer 2016 Program.
For more information about the Administrative Healthcare Internship, please email Executive2@sutterhealth.org.