Diversity and Inclusion at Sutter Health
Sutter Health believes a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce enhances our ability to provide high quality care to patients and their families.
Sutter Health serves among the most diverse areas in the United States.
- About 1.5 million residents in Northern California speak languages other than English at home.
- Within Sutter’s primary service area, one third of our neighbors speak a language other than English.
Areas of focus
- Diversity Recruitment & Retention
Sutter Health seeks and welcomes employees who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives that reflect all the communities we serve. Diversity enhances our organizational performance through inclusion and innovation.
- Staff Development in Cultural Competence
Infusing cultural competence criteria in our training and education curriculums empowers staff to interact respectfully and effectively with people of all cultural backgrounds.
- Diverse Community Partnerships
By working proactively with diverse community partners, Sutter Health supports programs that address the wide-ranging health care needs of Northern California communities.
- Measuring Progress
Sutter Health collects and reviews demographic data that measures the effectiveness of our efforts to diversify our workforce and cultivate an environment of cultural competence. The data also helps identify opportunities for organizational growth.
Sutter Health is committed to being a diverse, inclusive and culturally competent care environment.