Younger-Looking and Healthier Body After Quitting Smoking
When you quit smoking, you'll reap many physical benefits.
- Your taste buds come back to life.
- Your sense of smell improves.
- Your voice may improve as irritation of the voice box (larynx) from cigarette smoke is reduced.
- Your hair and breath no longer smell like smoke.
- You can breathe more deeply.
- You have more energy and stamina.
You'll look younger and healthier.Reference 1
- People who smoke get wrinkles sooner and show other signs of aging.
- People who quit smoking have a better quality of life. They reduce their risks for cancer, lung diseases, heart attacks, strokes, blood vessel diseases, and blindness from macular degeneration. They also get sick less often from colds and flu. And they have less bronchitis and pneumonia.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: July 6, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine
Reference John Hughes, MD - Psychiatry