Other Conditions With Symptoms Similar to Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infection
Other conditions that may cause symptoms similar to Reference genital warts Opens New Window caused by infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV) include:
- Skin conditions that cause wartlike growths, such as Reference seborrheic keratosis Opens New Window.
- Rare skin cancers, such as melanoma or squamous cell cancer of the vulva.
- A skin disease caused by a virus (molluscum contagiosum) that produces soft, rounded masses.
- A noncancerous tumor of fibrous tissue (fibroma).
- A noncancerous tumor of fat tissue (lipoma).
- A flattened, moist, raised growth that occurs in advanced syphilis (condyloma latum).
- A tumor (adenoma) occurring in a gland, such as a mucus-producing gland.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: June 21, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology