Nail Problems and Injuries
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- When did your nail problem begin?
- Was there an injury?
- Have you had a nail problem like this in the past? If so, how was it treated?
- Did you try any home treatment? If so, what? Did it help?
- Has anything improved your nail problem or made it worse?
- Are you taking any medicines?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference October 7, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine