Other Conditions With Symptoms Similar to Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
Other conditions that may cause symptoms similar to those of Reference urinary tract infections Opens New Window include:
- Vaginal infections caused by Reference yeast Opens New Window or Reference herpes Opens New Window.
- Reference Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome).
- Lack of blood flow to the kidney (renal infarction).
- Reference Kidney stones Opens New Window.
- Sexually transmitted infections such as Reference chlamydia Opens New Window, Reference gonorrhea Opens New Window, or Reference trichomoniasis Opens New Window.
- A pouch in the wall of the Reference urethra Opens New Window (urethral diverticulum).
- Narrowing of the urethra.
- Bulging or sagging of the bladder into the vagina (Reference cystocele Opens New Window).
- Infection of the female reproductive tract (Reference pelvic inflammatory disease Opens New Window).
- Cancer of the kidneys or bladder.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: May 16, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Avery L. Seifert, MD - Urology