Foot Problems: Finding the Right Shoes
Footwear plays a large role in the development of foot and toe problems such as Reference bunions Opens New Window, Reference calluses and corns Opens New Window, and Reference hammer, claw, and mallet toes Opens New Window. Shoes that don't fit properly make these conditions worse and more painful. But wearing the right shoes may help keep foot problems from becoming worse.
- A comfortable, well-fitted shoe offers you
the best chance of:
- Relieving pain in the foot or toe that is caused by a deformity or joint problem.
- Preventing a foot or toe problem from getting worse.
- Preventing a toe joint problem from returning after corrective surgery.
- Before shopping for shoes for your foot problem, ask your foot doctor for recommendations.
Return to topic:
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: February 24, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference Gavin W.G. Chalmers, DPM - Podiatry and Podiatric Surgery