Teen Substance Abuse: Signs in Your Teen's Friendships
You may see changes in your teen's relationships with peers if he or she is drinking alcohol or using other drugs. Some questions for you to consider include:
- Has your teen changed friends recently? Has your teen started associating with an older group of teens or young adults?
- What do you know about your teen's friends?
- Do your teen's friends seem to have a negative attitude? What is their attitude toward substance use (cigarettes, alcohol, inhalants, and other drugs)?
- Have your teen's friends been in trouble with the law?
- Does your teen spend a lot of time alone? (Some teens prefer to use substances when they are alone.)
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference July 20, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction