Teen Substance Abuse: Signs at School
If your teen is using alcohol or other drugs, he or she may have difficulties at school. The following are some questions to ask yourself if you suspect substance use is interfering with your teen's education:
- Has your teen skipped classes or missed school without your knowledge?
- Has your teen forged your name for class or school passes?
- Is your teen sleeping during class?
- Is your teen having trouble with his or her teachers?
- Is your teen spending less time studying and more time with friends?
- Is your teen less motivated to do school projects?
- Are your teen's grades dropping?
- Has your teen been expelled or suspended from school?
- Is your teen talking about quitting school?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference July 20, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction