One thing you can do that may lower the risk for prostate cancer is eat more low-fat, high-fiber foods and foods with omega-3 fatty acids, such as:
- Soy products, like tofu and soy beans.
- Tomatoes and foods that contain tomato sauce.
- Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.
- Fish, like salmon, albacore tuna, and sardines.
- Walnuts and flaxseed, and their oils.
Being physically active and staying at a healthy body weight also can help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.Reference 4
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference October 22, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Christopher G. Wood, MD, FACS - Urology, Oncology