Complications From Klinefelter Syndrome
Males who have Reference Klinefelter syndrome Opens New Window may have an increased risk of:
- Learning disabilities.
- Skin conditions (Reference eczema Opens New Window and ulcers of the leg).
- Diseases of blood vessels in the brain (cerebrovascular disease), such as Reference stroke Opens New Window.
- Autoimmune diseases, such as Reference diabetes Opens New Window, Reference thyroiditis Opens New Window, Reference lupus Opens New Window, Reference Sjögren's syndrome Opens New Window, and Reference rheumatoid arthritis Opens New Window.
- Chronic lung disease.
- Reference Osteoporosis Opens New Window.
- Enlarged (Reference varicose Opens New Window) veins.
- Breast cancer.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference February 7, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics
Reference Stephen LaFranchi, MD - Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology
© 1995-2011, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.