Mental Health Assessment
What Affects the Test
You may not be able to have the test or the results may not be helpful if you:
- Are not able to cooperate with and trust your doctor.
- Are not willing to have a mental health assessment.
- Have physical or emotional problems that interfere with your ability to complete a written test. In most cases, other testing instruments and tools are used if this is a problem for you.
- Use some medicines, alcohol, or illegal drugs.
- Have trouble reading, writing, or understanding the English language.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference January 12, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Lisa S. Weinstock, MD - Psychiatry
© 1995-2011, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.