Urinary Incontinence in Women
The main symptom of urinary incontinence is a problem controlling urination.
- Symptoms of stress incontinence:
- Involuntary release of urine, especially when you cough, sneeze, or laugh
- Leaking a small to moderate amount of urine
- Symptoms of urge incontinence:
- Frequent and sudden uncontrollable need to urinate
- May leak a moderate to large amount of urine, although a small amount is possible
It is common for a woman to have symptoms of both types of incontinence. This is called mixed incontinence.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference September 11, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Avery L. Seifert, MD - Urology