Most side effects of chemotherapy, including hair loss, go away after you finish treatment. Side effects of carboplatin include:
- Decreased white blood counts. Red blood cell counts and platelet counts can also be reduced.
- Nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite.
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Numbness and tingling in the hands or feet (peripheral neuropathy).
- Hearing changes or hearing loss.
- Mild rash.
- Hair loss.
- Mouth sores (stomatitis).
- Changes in kidney and liver function tests.
See Drug Reference for a full list of side effects. (Drug Reference is not available in all systems.)
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: July 6, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Adam Husney, MD, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Ross Berkowitz, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology