Questions for Eating Disorders
During a regular office visit, a health professional may ask a few screening questions to learn whether a person may have an Reference eating disorder Opens New Window. Examples of questions that might be asked are:
- Have you been dieting recently?
- If so, how much weight have you lost?
- How many diets have you been on over the past year?
- What kinds of diets have you used?
- Do you think you should be dieting?
- Are you unhappy with your shape and body size?
- Does your weight affect how you feel about yourself?
- How often do you think about food throughout the day?
- Do others think you are overweight?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: August 25, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Adam Husney, MD, MD - Family Medicine
Reference W. Stewart Agras, MD - Psychiatry