Breath-Holding Spells: Keeping a Record
Before taking your child to a doctor for Reference breath-holding spells Opens New Window, write down what typically happens. These descriptions will help you to give your child's doctor accurate information to make an initial diagnosis. Try to observe and record what happens before, during, and after the breath-holding spell. Keep the following questions in mind:
- What situations occur just before your child has a breath-holding spell?
- During a spell, does your child's skin color appear to become more blue-red or more pale?
- How does your child act during a spell? Do your child's muscles twitch?
- How long do the spells last?
- Does your child pass out?
- Does your child vomit or pass urine?
- How does your child act after a spell?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference March 21, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference John Pope, MD - Pediatrics
Reference Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics