Stop Negative Thoughts: Getting Started
Unwanted thoughts can make you feel anxious or depressed. They may keep you from enjoying your life.
A technique called thought-stopping can help you stop unwanted thoughts.
- What you think can affect how you feel. Thought-stopping helps you change how you think so that you feel better.
- Changing your thinking will take some time. You need to practice thought-stopping every day. After a while, you'll be able to stop unwanted thoughts right away.
- Some people may need more help to stop unwanted thoughts. Talk to your doctor or a therapist if you want more help to stop thoughts that bother you.
- Reference Depression
- Reference Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Reference Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder
- Reference Social Anxiety Disorder
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: August 3, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Catherine D. Serio, PhD - Behavioral Health
Reference Sue Barton, PhD, PsyD - Behavioral Health
© 1995-2011, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.