Lymphedema: Managing Lymphedema
If you have had Reference lymph nodes Opens New Window Reference Opens New Window removed or have had Reference radiation Opens New Window as part of cancer treatment, you can take steps to avoid Reference lymphedema Opens New Window. If you already have lymphedema, you can take steps to keep it from getting worse.
- Learn how to recognize infection and what you need to do every day to prevent it.
- Learn how to exercise right to help the circulation in an arm or leg that is affected.
- Learn how to protect an arm or leg that is affected.
- Take good care of your skin and nails.
You can find more information about lymphedema in this topic:
Return to topic:
- Reference Breast Cancer
- Reference Breast Cancer, Metastatic or Recurrent
- Reference Lymphedema
- Reference Testicular Cancer
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: June 28, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Douglas A. Stewart, MD - Medical Oncology