Cryotherapy for Abnormal Cervical Cell Changes
What To Expect After Surgery
Most women are able to return to their normal activity level the day after the cryotherapy procedure.
- A watery vaginal discharge will occur for about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Pads should be used instead of tampons for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Sexual intercourse should be avoided for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Douching should not be done for 2 to 3 weeks.
When to call your doctor
Call your doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- A fever
- Moderate to heavy bleeding (more than you would usually have during a menstrual period)
- Increasing pelvic pain
- Bad-smelling or yellowish vaginal discharge, which may point to an infection
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: December 28, 2010|
|Medical Review:||Reference Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology
© 1995-2011, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.