Why It Is Done
A progesterone test is done to:
- Help find the cause of Reference infertility Opens New Window.
- Monitor the success of medicines for infertility or the effect of treatment with progesterone.
- Help determine whether ovulation is occurring.
- Assess the risk of Reference miscarriage Opens New Window.
- Monitor the function of the ovaries and placenta during pregnancy.
- Help diagnose problems with the Reference adrenal glands Opens New Window and some types of cancer.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference May 18, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Femi Olatunbosun, MB, FRCSC - Obstetrics and Gynecology
© 1995-2011, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.