Chronic Female Pelvic Pain
Female pelvic pain symptoms can include:
- Pain that ranges from mild to severe.
- Pain that ranges from dull to sharp.
- Severe cramping during periods.
- Heavy or irregular vaginal bleeding.
- Pain during sex.
- Pain when you urinate or have a bowel movement.
Depression symptoms are commonly linked to chronic pain. Signs of depression include:
- Sleep problems.
- Appetite changes.
- Feelings of emptiness and sadness.
- Slowed body movements and reactions.
For the best chance of recovery from pain, depression must be treated along with any known physical causes of pain.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference February 17, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology