What To Think About
Topotecan should only be administered under the supervision of a Reference medical oncologist Opens New Window.
Do not use this medicine if you have:
- Kidney or liver disease.
- Reference Chickenpox Opens New Window or Reference shingles Opens New Window.
- Reference Gout Opens New Window.
- Reference Heart failure Opens New Window.
And do not use this medicine if:
- You have serious bone marrow depression and your blood cell count is low.
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
While you are taking this medicine, don't get any "live" vaccines. Also, stay away from anyone who has recently had a live vaccine.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: May 14, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Ross Berkowitz, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology