Find a Back and Spine Specialist
Orthopedic surgeons and Neurosurgeons are physician specialists who diagnose and treat conditions of the spine, including problems with the disks and nerves. Other back specialists come from a number of medical disciplines, including Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Pain Management.
Your primary care physician can evaluate your early symptoms and refer to specialists, as needed. If you don't have one already, you can find a primary care doctor here.
Find an Orthopedic Surgeon by Geography
Orthopedic Surgery is the branch of surgery concerned with disorders of the bones, joints and muscles. Orthopedic surgeons who specialize in back problems may perform surgery on the spine.
When choosing an orthopedic surgeon for a back and spine problem, be sure to check his or her profile for Professional Interests or Fellowship training in the area of your concern - or inquire when you call the physician's office whether he or she focuses on the spine.
- San Francisco Bay Orthopedic Surgeons
- East Bay Orthopedic Surgeons
- Peninsula/South Bay Orthopedic Surgeons
- Santa Cruz Coast Orthopedic Surgeons
- Marin/North Bay Orthopedic Surgeons
- Solano County Orthopedic Surgeons
- Central Valley Orthopedic Surgeons
- Sacramento Valley Orthopedic Surgeons
- Placer County Orthopedic Surgeons
- Yuba City/Marysville Orthopedic Surgeons
- North Coast/Lake County Orthopedic Surgeons
Find a Neurosurgeon by Geography
A neurosurgeon provides services including surgical treatment of cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, and peripheral nerve problems.
When choosing a neurosurgeon for a back and spine problem, be sure to check his or her profile for Professional Interests or Fellowship training in the area of your concern - or inquire when you call the physician's office whether he or she focuses on the spine.
- San Francisco Bay Neurosurgeons
- East Bay Neurosurgeons
- Peninsula/South Bay Neurosurgeons
- Santa Cruz Coast Neurosurgeons
- Marin/North Bay Neurosurgeons
- Solano County Neurosurgeons
- Central Valley Neurosurgeons
- Sacramento Valley Neurosurgeons
Search for Other Specialists
Other physicians who may treat chronic problems with the back and spine include specialists in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, or Pain Management.