FAQs About Sutter Health's MyChart App
Q: What is the new mobile app for My Health Online?
A: The free app gives you secure and convenient mobile access to many My Health Online services, from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The app, called MyChart, is available from the Apps Store on your iPhone or iTunes on your computer.
Q: How do I get the mobile app?
A: You can download it from the Apps Store on your iPhone or iTunes on your computer. It’s free. Simply search for “MyChart” and install it. You will click on Sutter Health as your health care provider. It’s that easy.
To use the app, you must have an existing My Health Online username and password. The app also requires an Apple iOperating System version 3.1.3 or later. A notification will pop up on your phone if you need to update your Apple Operating System.
Q: Is the mobile app secure?
A: Yes. To protect your personal information, the app uses the same type of security measures as mobile banking apps.
- No sensitive data is stored on the iPhone’s memory.
- To access your medical record, you must log-in each time with your unique user ID and password – just as you would from a computer to verify authorization.
- To further enhance security, you may enable a passcode for your Apple device that will prompt you each time you turn on or wake up the device that offers protection if you become separated from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- You should always log-out at the end of your session to further protect your personal health information.
A: Many of the same trusted services you access by computer are available through the app. This first version of this app allows you to:
- Send a secure message to your doctor about non-urgent health questions
- Check most lab and test results
- View appointments
- Receive health reminders
- Access your health summary, including medications, immunizations and allergies
Q: What online services are not yet available from the mobile app?
A: The app does not currently allow you to:
- Request an appointment
- Renew prescriptions
- Ask a question about a bill or statement
Q: Is the mobile app only for Apple products?
A: The mobile app currently runs only on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. We will continue to work with our electronic health record vendor (Epic) to make similar technology available from Blackberries, Androids and other smartphones.
Q: Who should I call if I have questions or problems?
A: Call the My Health Online patient services staff at 1-866-978-8837. The staff are available Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to provide any help you might need.
Visit the iTunes app store to download the MyChart app. Then select Sutter Health as your provider.