Before Your Procedure
Before your procedure please:
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following as your doctor may want to adjust your dosage(s) or have you stop taking these medications before your procedure:
- medication for diabetes
- blood thinning medications (such as Aspirin, Coumadin (Warfarin), Plavix, Ticlid)
- non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory meds (Advil, Aleve, Celebrex, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Naproxyn)
- supplements with vitamin E, ginko or fish oil
- homeopathic medication
- Tell your doctor if you have a heart murmur or artificial heart valve. Your doctor may want you to take antibiotics before your procedure.
- Ask a responsible adult (friend or family member) to drive you to and from the facility and stay with you after you return home. You will NOT be permitted to leave the facility alone in a taxi. If you arrive at the facility unaccompanied by a responsible adult, we will be forced to postpone your procedure.
- Carefully follow your doctor’s specific instructions on how to prepare for the procedure. If you have any questions, please call your doctor’s office unless otherwise instructed.
- In the three days prior to your procedure, notify your doctor if there is any change in your physical condition such as a cold, fever or flu symptoms. If you think you may be pregnant, notify your doctor immediately.