Ways to Give
Generous Donors Make All the Difference
With the help of generous donors, our Sutter Health family can purchase lifesaving medical equipment, offer specialty programs and services, provide care for the poor and underserved, and support clinical research. During 2011, Sutter Health and its affiliates received approximately $70 million in contributions from our generous donors. Philanthropic support helps us meet the needs of the communities we serve.
Highlights of donor supported programs and projects in 2011
The Role of Philanthropy
As cost pressures continue to grow, the Sutter Health network is committed to protecting quality community health care. Philanthropy plays a significant role in helping our network meet the needs of the more than 100 communities we serve throughout Northern California.
Philanthropy plays a vital role in the success of our not-for-profit network. The support of our donors enables us to:
- Equip our facilities with the most advanced technology to save lives and improve patient care
- Care for the needs of expectant mothers--from pregnancy through childbirth and beyond
- Fund research that benefits patients and advances our understanding of disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Create innovative programs such as music therapy and outpatient pediatric diabetes clinics that would not otherwise exist
- Maintain high levels of quality and satisfaction for patients and employees
- Bring loving care to hospice patients and their families.
- Construct new facilities to deliver advanced, efficient care to the thousands of patients who come through our doors
Your Gift Makes the Difference
Contributions to Sutter Health and its affiliates are applied according to donors’ wishes within the local community. Donated funds support vital medical programs, services and equipment needs.
If you would like to learn more about our funding initiatives, including how you can support excellent health care in your community, please contact us at 916-286-6826 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you with your local Sutter Health affiliate
Local Community Contacts
See a listing of foundation contacts in your community
Philanthropy in Action
The feeding clinic at California Pacific Medical Centeris funded by donations. In 2009, 30% of patient visits were achieved through the generous donation of others. See Camille's story in the following video.