Weight Management ProgramsGreater Sacramento | Peninsula / Silicon Valley | San Francisco Bay Area | Help Me Decide!
Sutter Options for Success (SOS)
A 12-week introductory program with hour-long, interactive group sessions. Following the first 12 weeks, participants are eligible to attend 9 monthly SOS Support classes. SOS focuses on weight loss and sustained weight management and emphasizes:
- Healthy lifestyle and long-term weight loss
- Weekly goal-setting for permanent behavior change
- Components of a balanced, calorie-reduced, low-fat diet
- Support and ideas for physical activity and exercise
- Training to break old patterns and develop new, rewarding habits
- 5-7 percent loss of total body weight
- Signficantly reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
- Improved cholesterol, glucose levels, blood pressure and associated health risks
Back to top
Peninsula / Silicon Valley
HMR® Weight Management – PAMF
PAMF’s HMR program helps you lose weight while also developing the skills needed to manage your weight long-term. HMR uses meal replacements for structure, while also providing significant and rapid weight loss. Services include weekly classes, and individual coaching support with intensive lifestyle education and medical supervision when appropriate. Our team of physicians, physician assistants, nurses and behavioral health educators provide ongoing support to help you reach a healthy weight and reduce of gaining it back. HMR offers several diet options, including:
- Medically supervised, 800-calorie per day diet plan, including weekly medical supervision
- Healthy Solutions, 1200-calorie per day diet plan, no medical supervision
- HMR® at home, food and support materials are provided with home delivery. Includes as needed support calls, without classes or supervision
New Weigh of Life
A year-long diabetes prevention weight management program for people with pre-diabetes or insulin resistance. New Weigh of Life is comprised of 16 core sessions and six monthly follow-up sessions. Participants learn about lifestyle modifications for weight loss and risk reduction. The program uses the University of Pittsburgh's "Group Lifestyle Balance™ Program," an evidence-supported adaptation of the original National Institutes of Health/National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease-supported Diabetes prevention program (DPP). DPP results show an average weight loss of 7% body weight with moderate activity reduced the risk of developing type 2 Diabetes by 58% (and as much as 71% in individuals over the age of 60).
Back to top
San Francisco Bay Area
Sutter CPMC Weight Management Program
A medically supervised weight loss program that focuses on weight loss and weight management. Designed for people who have a substantial amount of weight to lose, the average weight loss for participants is about 60 pounds. A doctor’s referral is required to start the program, which includes:
- Medically supervised 800-calorie per day meal replacements
- Weekly medical monitoring and a lifestyle change class
- Nutrition and exercise instruction
- Post-program weight management support
Back to top
Help Me Decide!
Not sure which program is right for you?
Take our eight question assessment to help you identify weight management programs that match your location and health status.
Help Me Decide - Weight Loss Decision Tool
Back to top