Your doctor gave you the news: you have COPD. There is no cure, but there are things you can do every day to keep COPD from getting worse, to protect your lungs, and to stay healthy.
Manage Your Days
Having COPD can sap your energy. These simple changes can make your days easier and preserve your strength.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Give yourself more time for daily activities.
- Take breaks to catch your breath when you need to.
- Learn pursed lip breathing.
- Stay physically and mentally active.
- Set up your house so things you use every day are easily within reach.
Learn how to recognize and manage COPD flare-ups.