Because of your sickness, you may need to use oxygen to help you breathe. You will need to know how to use and store your oxygen.
Kinds of Oxygen
Your oxygen will be stored under pressure in tanks or produced by a machine called an oxygen concentrator.
You can get large tanks to keep in your home and small tanks to take with you when you go out.
Liquid oxygen is the best kind to use because:
- It can be moved easily.
- It takes up less space than oxygen tanks.
- It is the easiest form of oxygen to transfer to smaller tanks to take with you when you go out.
Be aware that liquid oxygen will slowly run out, even when you are not using it.
An oxygen concentrator:
- Makes sure your oxygen supply does not run out.
- Never has to be refilled.
- Needs electricity to work. You must have a back-up tank of oxygen gas in case your power goes out.
Portable, battery-operated concentrators are also available.