Mission Bernal Campus offers women’s health options that are as diverse as our neighborhood. Our network of doctors, midwives and doulas can help you create a custom birth plan. We partner with other services to offer ultrasound technology, pediatricians, adult-medicine doctors, pharmacy and lab services, and massage therapy — all in the same building.
If you’re planning to have a baby, we provide a unique philosophy for prenatal care and low-intervention childbirth. Our skillful and compassionate team includes specialists in high-risk pregnancy, trial of labor after cesarean (TOLAC) and pregnancy with diabetes. Languages spoken by our team members include English, Spanish, Russian, Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil.
Our highly trained nurse-midwives partner with you throughout your prenatal care and delivery. Nurse-midwives can also provide care across your lifespan, from routine gynecological exams to menopause support. We are the longest-standing prenatal service in San Francisco that offers midwifery care 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
- Prenatal Care — In addition to individual care with a doctor or midwife, women with low-risk pregnancies may choose Group Prenatal Care, in which women come together in small groups led by a specially trained nurse-midwife. The 10 prenatal sessions include foundational prenatal care, evaluation, education and support, plus one-on-one time with the nurse-midwife.
- Labor and Delivery — We specialize in low-intervention care, with advanced medical care as needed. Midwives, nurses and doulas work side by side with OB/Gyn doctors, and anesthesiologists are available 24 hours a day. Our close-knit and collaborative approach results in low cesarean, induced-labor and episiotomy rates. We also provide evidence-based alternative approaches to labor and pain management.
- After Your Baby Is Born — A nurse-midwife will call you to check on your well-being and answer your questions. Newborn Connections, your resource for pregnancy and parenthood, is open at CPMC’s Mission Bernal Campus, Monday through Friday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, (415) 641-6532. We also offer breastfeeding support both during and after your hospital stay.
Sutter Health Mission Bernal Women's Clinic is proud to offer lifetime healthcare, including routine preventive care and management or surgical treatment of complicated gynecological issues. Whether you choose to see an OB/Gyn doctor for a complex condition or visit with a certified nurse-midwife for a low-risk matter, every provider offers respectful, non-judgmental and evidence-based gynecologic care. If you need gynecologic surgery, you’ll receive it at our new, state-of-the-art Mission Bernal Campus. Please call (415) 641-6996 to schedule an appointment. Our address is 1580 Valencia St., Suite 508, right next to the CPMC Mission Bernal hospital.
Gynecology services include:
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections.
- Cancer prevention with pap screenings, HPV vaccination, breast exams and genetic testing and counseling.
- Minimally invasive surgery for uterine and ovarian conditions.
- Birth control consultation and emergency contraception.
- Support and treatment for miscarriage.
- Respectful and confidential abortion care.
- Fertility consultation and optimizing health for future pregnancy.
- Evaluation and treatment of gynecological problems, such as pelvic pain, sexual issues, fibroids, ovarian cysts and abnormal periods.
- Evaluation and treatment of menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, sleep disturbance, mood changes and sexual changes.
- Treatment for urinary problems and weakened pelvic floor muscles.
- Acupuncture for infertility, abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, migraines and musculoskeletal pain.
- Ayurvedic consultation and herbal remedies for common medical ailments.