A National Leader in Integrative Medicine
CPMC’s Institute for Health & Healing — A national leader in integrative medicine for more than 20 years, the Institute incorporates the full spectrum of evidenced-based conventional and complementary approaches to address the unique needs of individuals. Philanthropy increases access and enables innovation in the primary care setting.
Recent Initiatives at CPMC’s Institute for Health & Healing
- The 2018 Roberta Neustadter Mini Medical School in Integrated Medicine included four events on the topics of Why Genes Aren’t Your Destiny and The Science of Healthy Aging. Over 1,500 people attended talks in person, and another 5,300 viewed the live stream.
- Inspirational philanthropic partner Roberta Neustadter (1914 – 2016) invested in CPMC's Institute for Health & Healing, funding education and healing services benefitting thousands of patients through her charitable trust and a gift in her estate plan.
- Free services for low-income patients were provided by IHH’s cancer program, including massage, nutrition, and guided imagery. At our Santa Rosa location, the IHH collaborated with the cancer services program to support weekend retreats for patients.
- Philanthropic support for the Medical Directorship of the Primary Care Clinic advanced integrative clinical work throughout the Sutter Health System.
- Education for physicians included six events to educate providers about the ways integrative medicine can help them serve their patients.
CPMC’s Institute for Health & Healing (IHH) added four new practitioners in 2018, for a total of 41, and in 2019 the IHH store moved to a beautiful space at CPMC’s new Van Ness Campus in San Francisco. The space is also used to provide chair massages to employees and family members visiting patients. Looking ahead, the IHH plans to launch an e-store for nutraceuticals.
A recent Sutter Health study found that 40% of Northern Californians want their doctor to provide guidance on holistic and integrative medicine.
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
You can be a catalyst in transforming healthcare in San Francisco. 100% of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC program that most inspires you. For more information about the many ways to give to CPMC, please contact:
Senior Development Officer
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, California 94115