You can help save more lives.
Your philanthropic investment ensures that our patients will benefit from the latest technology and expertise, create vital new programs, fund innovative research and empower CPMC physicians and their teams to accomplish extraordinary things they would otherwise not be able to do.
Giving Opportunities in Cardiac Services
CPMC’s Kanbar Cardiac Care Center offers advanced technology and equipment to diagnose heart disease, treat people with irregular heartbeats and open blocked vessels or arteries. Our nationally recognized physicians and surgeons are committed to providing excellent personalized care in contemporary, welcoming facilities.
- Center for Advanced Heart Therapies and Transplant – CPMC’s Michael Pham M.D., medical director for Advanced Heart Failure Therapies, is known for his compassion and amazing ability to connect with patients. Dr. Pham says, “We’re always looking for innovative ways to increase access to hearts for patients with heart failure and philanthropy can help us build new programs and acquire new technology to expand the potential pool of organ donors.”
Structural Heart Program (TAVR) — Sutter Health CPMC’s cardiovascular teams are at the forefront of offering patients with aortic valve stenosis an alternative to open-heart surgery. TAVR has become the new gold standard for the minimally invasive treatment of aortic stenosis.
CPMC is one of only three hospitals in Northern California currently approved to perform TAVR on a broader group of low risk patients - a testament to the world-class care our cardiac surgical teams provide.
The Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Shrem Cardiology Fellowship makes it possible every year for nine fellows to be directly involved in the most advanced levels of cardiovascular care at CPMC.
- Department of Cardiology — Your gift to CPMC's Heart and Vascular Center enable the Cardiology department to maintain its high standard of patient care and support staff, doctors and fellows.
- CPMC cares for more cardiac patients than any other hospital in San Francisco.
- Since 1984, 500 heart transplants and over 260 Ventricle Assist Device Procedures have been performed at CPMC.
Funded by philanthropy, the new Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation Fellowship at CPMC recruited its first fellow in 2021, providing hands-on learning in CPMC’s nationally prominent program that has performed more than 500 heart transplants.
- CPMC is currently ranked among the best three hospitals in the world for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and one of the best in the U.S. for treatment of heart failure.
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association has awarded us its Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
You can be a catalyst in transforming healthcare in San Francisco. Your philanthropic investment empowers the physicians and care teams at CPMC to accomplish extraordinary things they otherwise would not be able to do.
Emilia De Luz
Senior Development Officer
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, California 94115